Thread: equipment discussion forum??

equipment discussion forum??

Has the idea ever come up about an equipment discussion forum? The last year of my life has been consumed with adapting, purchasing, and researching products that might make my life a little more normal. I cannot be the only one. The lack of adaptive ideas being traded here is odd to me. Are we all just being pushed around by our insurance companies, medical suppliers, and occupational therapists? I don't think I use half of what was recommended or supplied to me. Is anyone else looking for the ideal solution to your needs?

They're just doesn't seem to be an inviting place for this topic.

Brian C/5
    http://www.brianupdates.homestead.com/

Brian, there is an Equipment forum in the Exchange section.

I find we frequently have lively discussions about wheelchairs, vans, shower and bathroom equipment here. Perhaps you should look back through the older forums (esp. in Care and Life).

(KLD)

right. The equipment forum is in the exchange section, where people buy and sell things.

adaptive equipment runs our lives. It just seems to me that it deserves its own section.

there is so much meaningless garble in the life section that I don't bother looking.

Brian C/5
    http://www.brianupdates.homestead.com/

I second your suggestion Bspill. I rarely get responses to questions asked in the equipment area. Mainly because most members don't go in the unless wanting to buy or sell. But, I have a million questions regarding all this new baggage that comes along with SCI.

One of the main ones is automotive. I'd love to see an area where we could throw around questions and information in relevance to hand controls, adaptations, etc.

" The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

Excellent ideas Brian and Amanda. I was also thinking along the same lines where we could talk about good/bad of products we need now, I cant believe that I am the only one who just doesnt accept "whatever" someone just sends or recommends to me. Seems you have to sift through various areas to find discussions related to these subjects, would be great to have a popular one-stop shop for these topics.

I have to agree with you guys here as well. It would be such a benefit to see what others are using & the pro's/con's of different equipment out there. I hope that there's some way that such a forum can be created.

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

I think that there is enough sentiment for an Equipment Forum. Let me discuss with the moderators and make sure that everybody agrees and we can set one up. Wise.

Wise, Thank you very much. Please keep us updated on the decision & possible implementation of this. Again, thank you.

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

yes, thanks Wise. I already have a question to post about trucks. thanks for the observation and action.

" The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

Thank you for the consideration. I believe people would be more inclined to post on the topic if there were a section dedicated to it. The information would be beneficial to those who do not have the means of going through the trial and error process. As consumers, we are at a disadvantage with the insurance companies controlling this market.The best we can do is learn from each other.

Brian C/5
    http://bspill1.home.comcast.net