Thread: Third Anniversary of CareCure Coming Up on July 23, 2004

Third Anniversary of CareCure Coming Up on July 23, 2004

It just occurred to me that the third anniversary of the CareCure Community is coming up in about 6 weeks. We should plan to do something. Any ideas? Wise.

Have a Silent auction or have a small fundraiser, something that each member (if they wanted) to put in $5, $10, or whatever they wanted. I think I would like the silent auction thing.

Wow, hard to believe! It seems like just yesterday that we got the notice about Cando closing and that Wise bailed us out by getting Rugters to support this site. Good work!

I would like to also look at some fund raising activity to support the site. Wise, is there anyway people could make an earmarked donation to the Keck Center to defray the costs of running the site? I know another voluntary website that does this with a PayPal link right on the forum page, and it does work.

I think it would also be great to start a thread on what this site has meant to members over the last 3 years and keep this as a Sticky Topic on either this forum or the Members Only forum.

A press release from the Keck Center would also seem appropriate.

(KLD)

KLD, we do have an earmarked account in the Keck Center for CareCure; let me see if I can get the details of how people can contribute to that specifically (I think that all they have to do is indicate what they are donating the money for and I will make sure that it is spent solely for the support of CareCure). I like your other ideas very much. Wise.

Originally posted by Wise Young:

It just occurred to me that the third anniversary of the CareCure Community is coming up in about 6 weeks. We should plan to do something. Any ideas? Wise.
    Find a way to publicize the site so more SCIs learn about it and join us.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

[This message was edited by alan on 06-14-04 at 07:55 PM.]