Thread: question about user names

question about user names

I was wondering why some users names appear in black and with no profile info, date registered info, or number of posts info, like the one in the post below. (Only using this post as an example, I've seen it on other posts.) Just curious about how this works. If someone has time for this rather pointless question, thanks much.

user name in this post

Blundy - Usernames in black indicate a non-member post. It's not a link in blue because there is no user profile to link to. Guests can post in this forum. Also, if someone strongly requests we delete them from our site, their posts will still be here but their name will be in black. This is always very unfortunate because they lose their history that way.

Oh ok! Thanks Jeff! I was just curious as to what the difference was, having seen it several times. I was not aware that non-members could post. Thanks for clearing up my pointless question!

Blundy, you're welcome. Guests can post in this forum, Announcements and Feedback, so that unregistered users can get help registering if needed and can also give feedback. Only registered members can post in the other forums.