Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who and what is the CareCure Community?

It's always good to read your posts RN and see that great smile of yours.

CC is a resource for all those effected by SCI, patients, families, community no matter your background, experience, problem or challenge. In 10yrs I've never witnessed a thread / question go unanswered.

It's an oasis for many, a sanctuary to feel safe, accepted, secure.

It's hopeful, helpful, hysterical, histrionic, healthy, happy, honest, heroic, hip and hilarious.

There's a piece of CC in every one of us and a piece of every one of us in CC.

I'm proud to have been here from the very beginning in '01 and looking forward to being here celebrating an amazing 10yrs in just a couple of months. Thank you Wise and to all that reside here, who have contributed to CC over the years and continue to create, nurture and foster excellence in information, intelligence, humanity and compassion. Clearly, it takes a village, CC is testament to strength in numbers.

Onward & Upward, always.

Chris

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMack View Post
    Sounds good Chick.
    JimmyMack is back!

Great to "see" ya

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    JimmyMack is back!

Great to "see" ay
    to everything there is a season, it's time to be back

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    This is a place where I can vent my frustration of not having a chair for C3 hubby for a month and people understand what it means and how devastating it is.
    I can call out in the middle of a blizzard when no one else can get here and someone will understand how helpless and vulnerable one can feel.
    I can search threads for real answers when no doc in town has a clue.
    A generous person here posted a link to his care which helped me learn how to use a cough assist when the DME basically dropped it off.
    There are some very funny, intellegent and kind people here.
    SCI nurses are wonderful.
    The list goes on and on.
    Yes, I so agree with you Linda. I'm new to CC and have already found it such a godsend. I have learned more here already than I did in rehab and from my physiatrist. I am grateful for the kindness of "strangers" on this site who are so willing to share their knowledge and experience, especially to newbies like me. Not only is this instrumentally helpful in solving problems and understanding things better, but I find it tremendously emotionally supportive as well. Really helps me to feel so much less alone, lonely and isolated. There's a place where I can fit in and belong without feeling so self-conscious and awkward.

Thanks to all, and especially the SCI_Nurse(s) and the SCI_OTR who give so willingly of their time and expertise. Please know that your efforts do not go unnoticed or unappreciated.
    Do not confuse silence with consent or fatigue for indifference.

to everything there is a season, it's time to be back

I get the pleasure of seeing Jimmy every few months when he soo graciously provides the Center with delicious spreads from his restaurant

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I get the pleasure of seeing Jimmy every few months when he soo graciously provides the Center with delicious spreads from his restaurant
    Ah James, I sold my store in 2008, but am lucky enough to be able to borrow the kitchen when needed, I'm due for a visit real soon tho!!! I'll see you then Jimbp.

Ah James, I sold my store in 2008, but am lucky enough to be able to borrow the kitchen when needed, I'm due for a visit real soon tho!!! I'll see you then Jimbp.
    Jimmy Mack! Let me know when you are going to visit the center for an open house! I am due a visit as well.
    Mary
    1FineSpineRN

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Fine Spine RN View Post
    Jimmy Mack! Let me know when you are going to visit the center for an open house! I am due a visit as well.
    Mary
    i will Mary

Thank you Dr Wise and members

Living outside of a big city would be difficult without the CC community. I can relate to you all. You give me strength and validation through your candid posts. The SCI nurses have helped me understand much about my body. Frankly I don't want to talk to my husband, friends and family about BP, etc. - I just want to live and love them. But I am extremely greatful to have you all. I dont post often (I assume like many) but I doread new posts daily.

And for those who post negative stuff-we get it...you don't like everyone in your adopted family. Just tread lightly and know the peops you're taking out your frustration on may be lost and needing acceptance too. Peace