Hey everyone -

I just launched a web site: www.endureforacure.com I encourage everyone to check it out, donate, encourage friends to donate. I did it on behalf of The Alan T Brown Foundation. Does anybody have some ideas for marketing it widely? My friend and Naval Academy classmate is going to run two back-to-back triathlons for cure funding. Details below.

Best - ip

THE IRONMAN

IRONMAN COUER D'ALENE, IDAHO: SUNDAY, JUNE 27, 2004
IRONMAN USA LAKE PLACID, NEW YORK: SUNDAY, JULY 25, 2004
http://www.ironmannorthamerica.com

Considered one of the most grueling events in the world of sports, the Ironman is an internationally renowned triathlon that tests the mettle of the world's athletic elite. Each Ironman triathlon features a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike, and a complete marathon (26.2 miles) all in succession. Athletes have 17 hours to complete the event (from the 7 a.m. start until midnight). Now in its 26th year, Ironman races are held on every continent except Antarctica.

Ironman triathletes set a benchmark of excellence for endurance athletes across the globe. Competitors devote months completing punishing training programs to prepare for a single Ironman race. By participating in two Ironmans within a one-month period, Mike Monroe is seeking to raise the bar and set a new standard for athletic achievement.

THE CAMPAIGN

Swims 2.4 miles
Bikes 112.0 miles
Runs 26.2 miles
140.6 miles

In June and July 2004, Mike Monroe will tackle his third endurance challenge for The Alan T Brown Foundation (ATBF) when he competes in not one, but two Ironman competitions within a one-month period. The mileage covered in both triathlons equals 281 - the number of donors targeted to participate in "281 Partners for a Cure," Mike's most ambitious fundraising campaign to date. Mike's goal: to secure 281 Partners who will each contribute $281, raising more than $78,000 to support ATBF's ongoing research commitments and outreach programs.

As an expression of thanks for your donation, each Partner will be recognized on the Endure for a Cure website and receive a special gift from The Alan T Brown Foundation. To become a Partner, or to make a donation in support of Mike's campaign, click here or contact The Alan T Brown Foundation. Thank you for your support, and for helping to bring hope to those who need it most.