Thread: ''preview'' page

''preview'' page

hey,

i just spent 30 minutes editing a post that took all of five minutes to type (hyperlink problems). i know some people don't care about issues like this, but i do. may we please have a "preview before posting" option?

thanks,

joy
    "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
    ~ Gus McCrae

Joy, I don't know whether the software will support the previewing or not; one of the admins will have to answer that.

My only solution is for you to make a word document, then copy and paste it into the topic or reply.

(I know that prolly didn't help much! )

joyt, sorry. This site does not, to my knowledge, support a preview function. It does allow you to edit your posts and you can of course do that by pressing the icon that has a folder and a pencil-erasor... Wise.

Preview pages are great. For some reason they just work better than re-reading what you have typed. InfoPop is very big into adding enhancements that make their forums better. I'm sure the "preview" enhancement is on the way. I'll post in the InfoPop forums just to make sure we register our desire with them.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

thank u for replying, marmalady and dr young!

inevitably, i mess up a quote (it's not the spelling)...i have no earthly idea how i've honed this talent, but i'm extremely adept at my skill...

Originally posted by Jeff:

For some reason they just work better than re-reading what you have typed. InfoPop is very big into adding enhancements that make their forums better. I'm sure the "preview" enhancement is on the way. I'll post in the InfoPop forums just to make sure we register our desire with them.
    hey, thanks, jeff!
    i would surely appreciate it...i loathe all the editing...

argh! an edit!
    joy
    "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
    ~ Gus McCrae