Thread: Chatroom: DB Changes, Usericons, Emoticons

Chatroom: DB Changes, Usericons, Emoticons

Sometime before Monday I'll add the usericon and font preferences to our user database. That means we won't have to reset our icon and font preferences each time we log in to chat.

We can also start using custom usericons. Anyone who makes a 24x24 GIF can upload it as an attachment or email it to me. I'll then add it to our server so it can be used by you in the chatroom.

Emoticons are 18x18 pixels. I'll make a few of those so we can start using emoticons in the chatroom.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Well...

I managed to get most of the planned changes made to our chatroom database and login window. The font size is being stored in the database but not being passed properly to the applet. I hope to have that working soon.

The applet now loads embedded in the browser window. I did this in order to capture when the user leaves chat. This allows displaying the current chatters on the opening window. We all need to open a second browser window in order to access the forums while chatting.

There might be a few more changes in store but probably nothing major.

If anyone learns how to enable previously not working links in the chat to start working please let us know. We're wondering if it's a browser setting...

Thanks.

Jeff

You are doing a great job. Thanks.

Thanks, Linda!