Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chatroom bugs - Please report them here

Chatroom bugs - Please report them here

I have been trying out the chat software. I will leave it to others to describe the bugs with different versions of windows but at least several dozen people using Windows have been able to get in and use the software without problems although several people had to restart their computers to do so.It works although some people are having difficulties getting the right version of java so that it works.

I have tried the software on Mac OS 9.2 and Mac OSX 10.1 with both Internet Explorer and Netscape 7.0 and it seems to work but with a few small bugs.

1. On OS9.2 and Internet Explorer 5.2, the Digichat applet does not seem to support the preferences and I was unable to maintain my avatar and other preferences between logging out and logging in.

2. On OSX 10.1 and Internet Explorer 5.2 and Netscape 7.0, the typing box for sending answers did not support automatic wrapping of the lines.

Wise.

It could be "operator error." I was able to login as rtr with the password cure. However, I couldn't login again after changing my password.

RTR

I'm keeping my eye on that. You're the third person to report it. I'm waiting to see if the two others are going to let me know they still cannot get in after I confirmed for them what they really changed their password to. We'll see. Please send me an email I can reply to and I'll do the same for you. That is, I'll reply with what your new password is.

Others have reported that their profile settings do not always save. They should always save in the CareCure window you enter before the applet loads. They will never save between chat sessions when entered into the applet. When entered into the applet they exist for the life of the current chat session only.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Originally posted by rtr:

It could be "operator error." I was able to login as _rtr_ with the password _cure_. However, I couldn't login again after changing my password.
    Same here.

~Rus

"...you're not promised tomorrow, so live for today" (Stuck Mojo)

SAME WITH ME

Originally posted by rtr:

It could be "operator error." I was able to login as _rtr_ with the password _cure_. However, I couldn't login again after changing my password

password ?

Jeff , i haven't logged in again yet , might soon . i was wondering if there is a maximum no of characters you can use in password , i changed to a 7 character p/word , it appears as though site only registeresd 6 of these characters [ dropped last one ] .
    thanks

dogger

Maybe that's the problem!

I can't find out from home but I'll check tomorrow. I was originally planning on assigning a six digit password to everyone. I probably blundered and made the password only up to six characters.

Scorpion - That would explain your situation.

I'll correct that by the earliest on Monday when I'm back at the Keck Center for the whole day.

Sorry, everyone!

Everyone should beware....I'm now 99% positive that I inadvertently restricted the passords to six characters. When changing your passord use only up to six characters. If you changed it to more than six and are having problems you can get in by using the first six of those that you previously entered.

Sorry again, folks!

that was it jeff only 6 thanks

The chatroom never opens for me. it says "Applet Loaded" but I just see the same screen with the "Continue" button. I'm running Explorer 6.02 on Windows XP Pro.

~Rus

"...you're not promised tomorrow, so live for today" (Stuck Mojo)