Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chat Room is now available

Chat Room is now available

Please read the latest information in the Feedback Forum.

Thanks!

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Hi, I am logged into the chat room for the next 15 minutes in case anybody wants to discuss things... Wise.

To log into the chat room, all you have to do is click the following link:
    http://carecure.rutgers.edu/spinewire/chat/chat.php

It will show a window that asks you for a username and password. Please use your regular username and the password "cure". Once you get in, you should change your password. There is a button that says [click here to log in]. Click that and you are in the chat room. Please understand that the chat room goes away if you close the browser window that connected you to the chat room.

Please do use your username and do not masquerade as somebody else. If you try to log in and find that somebody else is using your name, please let Jeff Weeks know. We decided to do this to save work in having to manually assign everybody the password that they want.

The chat room seems to be working okay. Dogger from Australia just logged in and we had a pleasant chat.

Wise.

[This message was edited by Wise Young on Sep 03, 2002 at 06:51 PM.]

Thoughts on the chat room

I dove in a for a few minutes late last night but just couldn't keep pace. It is probably me and not the format, but I'm too damn plodding, I suppose, and given to long-winded, thought-out replies to be of much use on such a high-flying, fast-moving form. As wise said, 'it's liek having a dozen conversations going at once.' I think it will be an EXCELLENT tool for live-time interviews with researchers and docs, however, and when and if I do check in, I'll have my stuff prepared in advance. I'm just not much of a 'chatting for chatting sake' kinda guy.

Additional thought: when someone of import is about to or plans to 'chat live,' a posting on the forum to alert us who and when would really be helpful.

vgrafen

Tried to log into the chat room 3 times. Failed each time.

Bill J.

I just logged in using your account and had a nice chat with Bilby. Of course, I explained that it was me, Jeff, testing your access.

Your username is "Bill J." You have to type the space and the period, although it is case-insensitive. Your initial password, along with everyone else, is "cure" - try to change it ASAP.

Happy chatting.

Thanks for the tips, Jeff. Everything worked fine.

OK I'm lost, I logged into the chat earlier today entered X-racer... then cure chatted awhile before leaving i changed my password to the same password i use for carecure now i can't get back in using my password or cure???? THANKX for the help in advance

LIVE IT UP AND LIVE IT LARGE!!!!

Everyone should beware....I'm now 99% positive that I inadvertently restricted the passords to six characters. When changing your passord use only up to six characters. If you changed it to more than six and are having problems you can get in by using the first six of those that you previously entered.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

X-racer.....Enter the first six digits only. Then change it to something new, six digits or less.

I'll get it fixed as soon as I can!

chat

it works well.

tj