Thread: Clearer button text would benefit our International members

Clearer button text would benefit our International members

The word "Post" on the "Post a Poll" button seems to consistently get the attention of those who speak English as a second language. "New Topic" just ain't cutting it. Is the button text modifiable? "Post a Topic" would probably be better.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Good observation, Jeff.

~Rus

"Life's a bitch, but I love her."

Jeff & Scorpion, I can replace the icons for New Topic, Post, and Post a Poll with custom icons. Would anybody be interested in contributing such buttons. Obviously, they should be clear and take up as little download time as possible. Wise.

Sure...

I'll do it.

We just have to agree on the text for the buttons. I think "Post a Topic" and "Start a Poll" would be good or "Post a Topic" and "Post a Poll." Either way would be better than having "New Topic" represent starting a new topic because sometimes the same users overlook it in favor of "Post a Poll" several times.

What file type(s) do you need for the buttons? I'm assuming either a GIF or JPG, correct?

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

I hope you don't mind, Jeff, but I was bored yesterday and came up with these as an idea.

Maybe you could start a poll with ideas for the text on them (I just put on what I thought of first. I'm sure someone else could think of something that would work better)

Melissa

Life is a lesson you learn when you're through.

Oh yeah, we could emphasize Topic, Poll, and Reply by making them a brighter color (red, blue, etc) while keeping the word Post on each button black if you thought that would help.

Life is a lesson you learn when you're through.