Thread: profiles section

profiles section

can you put together a section on this site that would provide everyone's profiles and pictures to see. I realize that you have 206 members, but it seems like only 20 or 30 of us are actually talking. I would like to see who I am talking to just out of curiosity sakes. I know that not everyone has a place to put a picture so I can offer space on my server that I use for azquad.com. there's plenty of space their for pictures to be stored. Let me know what you think and I will try to do anything I can to help you.

rybread

Thanks. People are free to post their pictures, of course, on their profiles. If people have access to any server space, they can link a picture file to their profile or postings. We of course would be glad to hold pictures in the carecure site as well. The pictures should be in .gif format. I can easily set up an email address to which these pictures can be sent and they could then be linked to the profiles, if there is interest in this. Our intent is to provide people the ability to have their own web page and site on the carecure server (for free).

Regarding showing a list of all the members, I think that this should be up to the community. Let me think about the various options and then put it up as a poll for people to vote on. While posting the membership is easy to do, I am very concerned with privacy issues. For example, there are many companies who would dearly love to get a list of people with spinal cord injury.

With this forum, I have been fairly strict about people having a verifiable email address if they want to post on the forums. In the former Cando site, they allowed people to to post anonymously. While this lead to more postings, it also resulted in a lot of "flaming" in the forums of people accusing anonymous posters of hiding their identities.

Please note that people can register under any name that they want, as long as they provide a valid email address that they respond to. Note that this email address is not shown in the profile unless the person chooses to do so. This ensures privacy but at the same time promotes responsibility of posting. People can also choose not to receive broadcast emails.

Wise.