Thread: Shoulders

Shoulders

Dr. Wise or anyone else who can help I am post T 3 para 34 years now and my shoulders are worn out. I have been told that a replacement operation would'nt help it would hurt adn my life style woould suffer. So I need help is there any out there.

roho

Can I encourage you to post this on the Care Forum? This Feedback forum is for suggestions, recommendations, and complaints about the forum. I can transfer this post to the other forum but I wanted to leave it here for a while so that you can see the answer if you look here for it.

Shoulder problems are a big problem for people with spinal cord injury. The first thing that I would recommend is a power-assist wheelchair so that you would reduce the stress on your shoulder. There are several that are available that would help you get up hills and go places without stressing your shoulders too much. No matter what surgery you undergo, eventually you will wear out your shoulder again.

Other people may suggest other solutions... as I pointed out, this is a serious problem for many people and a lot of people have more experience than I do with this problem, including our spinal nurses.

Wise.