Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome to the Books Forum

Hi
    This is something for helping me with my SCI
    I have alot of issues with my Weak left side

Being I am a woman who loves reading I ordered used books about hairstyling and tips / tricks because I have to find way's of dealing with my very long hair
    I will find ways to improvise for my lack of left hand abilities etc .

My personal goal is to teach myself how to braid
    I will find a way

Just figured i'd add and keep this forum going stronger by sharing ideas

Lastly I hope to see / hear from more of you in here this is a nice Forum

Sincerely ;
    GL

My book on spinal cord injury

I wrote a book which was published in 2007 called A Complete Plain-English Guide to Living with a Spinal Cord Injury: Valuable Information From A Survivor.

Here is the link on Amazon.com. I am in the process of getting it formatted for e-books other than on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Plain...7729745&sr=1-3

Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn- I am going to order it.

2001 issue 5 Clinical evidence
    It's old & interesting found it at a yard sale for 10 cents .

The Make - Up Book by Joy Terri Real Autographed one and
    Making Faces

Ordered these from B& Noble interesting stuff.

although this book is not about SCI
    I am a electronics freak who is alway's wanting to make things better etc...
    I am reading a book
    Understanding Electronic Schematics

one can never learn everything ...
    I feel this is valuable because I want to custom make a true 4 wheel drive 4 x 4 safe electric wheelchair that will be small / comfortable enough for any home

My part is trying to make a chair that will be affordable , fun and light enough for any SCI person because I am very hard on my wheelchairs and do not like seeing people patients struggle with getting stuck or being unable to enjoy the scenic fun thing's in life.

I am a dreamer, poor girl who just does my best but has lot's of knowledge to offer ...

Maybe I can hopefully get a job working in a wheelchair manufacturing plant doing something positive for our community .

Transverse Myelitis:Our Stories

I recently had a book published that has the stories of 20 people from around the world, that have TM.
    They talk about how TM has affected their lives and the lives of their families.
    I wanted to do a book like this, instead of a "me" book because I thought that having the stories of 20 people would give a better perspective about TM and how it affects each person individually.
    It's available as a paperback and also as an ebook through Barnes and Noble and also Amazon.
    The proceeds of the book are going to TM research.
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tran...e%252bmyelitis

http://www.amazon.com/Transverse-Mye...1281256&sr=8-8

BTW...one of the stories in the book is an interview that I did with Tom Rafferty who is a retired NFL football player.
    Spent 14 years with the Dallas Cowboys and retired in 1989. Had his TM onset in April 2008.

T11 by Jay Monteer

Please help! I am desperately looking for this book!! T11 by Jay Monteer do any of you have a copy you would like to sell?
    Thank you

Bethany
    I guess you are not on here to much but i just read Moving Violations on your recommendation .Just wanted to say Thanks! I really enjoyed the book! Not your typical SCI book i have read quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    This seems to be an unpopular author, but my favorite book about sci so far is "Moving Violations" by John Hockenberry. It's a memoir by a man who has led an eventful and successful life despite an sci at age 19. This book got me through rehab and I've given many copies of it as gifts. Somehow his mindset about moving on was in synch with my own. I guess people don't like him because he doesn't pursue a cure but at the acute stage, I found it to be very encouraging.