Thread: Wise, Jeff, KLD-Why my legitimate topic about melatonin & sleep problem was removed from CARE?

Wise, Jeff, KLD-Why my legitimate topic about melatonin & sleep problem was removed from CARE?

Who did it?
    What was petty reason to do so?

Its well known fact that after sci many of us suffer from sleep disorder!

web page

It is disrespectful to not only to me as long time member of numerous projects, but to other members who participated in this topic

http://stores.ebay.com/MAKSYM-Variety-Store

[This message was edited by Max on 12-12-04 at 07:08 PM.]

As stated multiple times to you before, Max, only news articles directly related to SCI health are will remain or be posted on the Care forum. This applies to articles posted by you or anyone else.

The rest are moved to Health and Science News where they belong. You are free to post a link to those if you really think they are so important, but our goal is to keep this forum primarily for SCI health concerns and questions, and not fill it up with general health news. Your posted article is here

(KLD)

How sharing information about how to beat sleep disorder related to sci (I never had sleep problems before) is not related to care for sci?

It is illogical & bizzare! KLD (like waiting 9 month to post important sticky about Proneuron trials in New Sci forum)

I would remind you that I've posted article with my comment......

[This message was edited by Max on 12-12-04 at 09:22 PM.]

I wonder if melatonin interfers with Rx drugs? I think I remember reading one should not take it with some anti-depressants. My relative has had problems sleeping since he sustained SCI. He was in a coma for a while and then "out of his mind" for a while because he also had a TBI. We have a "theory" that his internal clock got reversed during that time. Ever since he came home from rehab he has felt better at night than in the day time. He has terrible difficulty sleeping at night, but can sleep soundly during the day. He has tried very hard to reverse this, without success, for sixteen years now. I've told him perhaps we need to revamp our lives to be "night owls". That is a depressing alternative though. No sunlight.

~~~Honesty is the best policy~~~Treat others as you would like to be treated~~~Play hard, but play fairly~~~

WM

Melatonin is natural substance produced in our brain & which decline with age- thats why old people have trouble sleeping. (Remember sleep like baby!

As far as I know there is no side effects or they still unknown

I've read couple articles posted by Wise here-Why some of us have trouble with sleep after sci....but unable to lokate them now.....

KLD,

I'm surprised that with all your alleged experience-you failed to see importance of this issue in care for sci ....

Othewise you would not remove initial topic

Thank you for your reply Max. I have never heard of melatonin having an adverse effect on anyone either. Perhaps what I read was the generic "consult with your doctor before taking this product" that is on most all natural remedies. I'll have to check it out. It would be worth a try after 16 years of sleepless nights and exhausted days! Like you, he never had any problem sleeping before the SCI. Like a baby, exactly. Thanks.

~~~Honesty is the best policy~~~Treat others as you would like to be treated~~~Play hard, but play fairly~~~