Thread: Invcoa Voice Activated Remote

Invcoa Voice Activated Remote

Has anyone had any experience with the Invoca Voice activated remote control? I work in a hospital and we have a guy that has a C-3 SCI and I'm trying to find some way he can manage his t.v. and CD player by himself. We've got the remote but I'm not too tech savy and am having trouble figuring out how it works. Or if anyone has any better ideas...I'm open for suggestions. He has never used a mouthstick but i'm thinking that's a possiblity if we can't get the voice remote to work. Help!

I've got one, but I've never got it to work right. I actually got it to tv on/off and change channels, but the batteries went bad, and I lost the settings. Did find out solid black line across screens means rebooy, which is done by removivg one battery and then putting it back in.

Good luck. Let us knowhow it's working.

Hello, when I am in bed I cannot use the remote-control so I have set up my computer on an over bed table and use Dragon NaturallySpeaking to control it. Not only can I use the computer and access the Internet, I have a $75 program that will control the lights, heater, and fan using X10 modules. I added a $50 USB device and I can now is the computer to control anything with an infrared remote-control. I also added a button that I strap my hand so I can restart the computer when it locks up.

The Invoca remote-control works OK but you have to say command within 15 minutes or it shuts off. I cannot find a workaround for this problem but maybe somebody can.

Good luck. Without the computer hookup, I would go crazy lay in bed as much as I do.

Hos, You've tweeked my curiousity.

I tried Via Voice but never got it to work at all. Tell me more about Dragon NaturallySpeaking - how hard to train, cost, etc.

I'd also like to learn more about your ability to control IR sensors (TV, VCR, DVD?)

I'm a c3-c4 incomplete quad with the ability to hit buttons on remotes, etc. with thumb on left hand when I'm up, but I'm put to bed before 8pm and don't get up until 9:30am. TV has 4 hr timer, but still leaves lots of (wasted) time, since I only sleep 2-4 hrs at night.

Bob