Thread: Donated Stand-Aid

Donated Stand-Aid

I have a Stand-Aid of Iowa standing frame that was donated to our Central Jersey Spinal Cord Association. We would like to pass it on to someone who will get good use out of it.

It is a model 1501 - Power lift and has the back rest option. It is 10 years old or so but has been rarely used, has a new battery and is really pretty much like new. The website for Stand-Aid and the unit is:

http://www.stand-aid.com/standing_fr...ing_frames.htm.

We are a Central New Jersey organization and would prefer to give it to someone locally as a first preference and certainly to someone would actually use it. You should probably get an OK from a doctor before using it if you have not stood up in some time.

The unit is located at my house in Parlin, NJ. It is about 20 minutes or so (depending on NJ traffic...) from the Keck Center at Rutgers. It would need to be picked up, there are no plans to do any kind of shipping unless no one responds locally and someone is willing to make all packing and shipping arrangements.

I work full time and will respond to posts as soon as I can.

Thanks,
    John

"Patience is a virtue, complacency a vice"

My son Joshua, 19 y/o is in desparate need of one. Do you still have it?

Hi. We are hoping the standing frame is still available. Although we are not local to NJ, we are a nonprofit SCI Rehab facility in Illinois, hoping to find a standing frame for one our clients. He is willing to pay for all shipping costs, and it would come in great use! Thank you. Please email @ Nextsteps1@aol.com

I do still have it. I'd like to hold out for a little while longer for someone local. If that doesn't pan out, assuming all things were equal regarding shipping, it would be first come, first served.

Did you say give this to someone? If so I'm sure I could make good use of it.

Thanks!

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Yes, I did say give it away.

FYI - this is no longer available. Jeff took it and seems to be getting good use of it already.