Thread: Jazzy 1100 Power Chair

Jazzy 1100 Power Chair

I have an old Jazzy 1100 Powerchair available to anyone who needs it.
    It has a new on board charger, new center drive tires & rims, seat was recovered a year ago. Joystick control cable was rewired last year after the connector cracked.
    I paid $2,000.00 for it used, spent the money to get it back in usable shape and used it for two years with no real trouble.
    Now, it needs one or both motors replaced. One mechanic tells me it's the left motor that's no good, the other mechanic says it's the right motor that's bad.
    In the mean time I have a new Jazzy so I have no need for the old one.
    It has been sitting in the Garage collecting dust for the most part for the past year, so the batteries will probably need replacing as well .
    It's a freebie to anyone who needs it and can either pick it up, or arrange for the shipping at their cost.

I'm interested in this chair for my brother. Can you tell me how much it weighs? I need to figure out the approx shipping cost to Orlando, FL. Also, does it tilt back? What other features/options does it have? Also, could the control be detached from the armrest? Thank-you very much. Feel free to E-mail or Private Message me if you wish. Thank-you.

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Hi Chelle,
    The joystick can be removed and switched to either armrest, I have seen a frien with Cerebal Palsy who's PCA controls the Joy Stick in her hands by removing it from the armrest bracket completely. The back does tilt back, but that's done manually, and the leg rests elevate and adjust for length again, that's a manual adjustment, it does NOT have any kind of lights on it. I'm 6'2", about 165 pounds and it was an extremely comfortable chair for me.
    The chair, according to the manual (yes I have that, and it comes with the chair) can handle a maximum load of 300 pounds, though I can tell you it handled me and a 250 pound airconditioner a total of 415 pounds. Granted that was from the van, up the ramp and into the house, so it wasn't a long distance haul.
    Again, according to the manual the chair weight is as follows, the base is 81 pounds, the seat (detachable) is 29 pounds and the batteries are 44 pounds, having moved them around I'd have to say that's each, but the manual doesn't specify. If you figure the weight with both batteries in it at 44 pounds each then I put the weight at 198 pounds.
    As I said in the original post, the batteries may well need to be replaced from disuse, so you could save on the weight by having me remove the batteries before shipping. Under the seat are two silver steel upside doen L shaped handles that twist to release the motors so it can be pushed manually.
    If the two batteries are 44 pounds combined that would reduce your shipping weight to 154 pounds, if they are 44 pounds each, then it would reduce the weight to 110 pounds.
    PS:
    The leg rests are swing away, and removable.

Originally posted by BroknWing:

I'm interested in this chair for my brother. Can you tell me how much it weighs? I need to figure out the approx shipping cost to Orlando, FL. Also, does it tilt back? What other features/options does it have? Also, could the control be detached from the armrest? Thank-you very much. Feel free to E-mail or Private Message me if you wish. Thank-you.

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03
    [This message was edited by Mark3w on 07-12-04 at 07:35 AM.]

Mark-

Do you still have the chair avaiable? If so, we are still interested in it for my bro. But it would be about a month before we could get the funds together to have it shipped. If you still have it & are willing to hold on to it for a little while longer, we would like to get it. Feel free to e-mail me or private topic me. Thanks again

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Hello Mark,

Originally posted by Mark3w:

I have an old Jazzy 1100 Powerchair....
    a freebie to anyone who needs it and can either pick it up, or arrange for the shipping at their cost.
    Please e-mail me at lburou@aol.com

Thank You