Thread: What seat cushion do you use??

What seat cushion do you use??

Im trying to decide on new seat cushion but am wondering what other's experiences have been with the cushions they've used. I've always used Gel, Jays, from the regular "Jay" to the "Jay2", and Jay Xtreme on manual now. They don't provide enuff gell support so usually add addtl inserts. Im trying out the Jay Deep contour, which I don 't feel is enough either (funny thing, I feel better support with the Xtreme) but wanting to give myself better protection, thinking about long term effects on my rear. I've been pretty lucky, not doing many pressure reliefs and sitting for 18-20+ hours at a time and never had sores in 15 yrs. But I know I gotta be more careful (as im aging ).
    Oh, btw, Im c5/6, if that helps

Any new/old cushions out there that are good??

I've got a J2 deep contour, which (as you know) is heavy as hell. Last time I was at Craig I asked about it, as my friend (15 yr c6 quad) uses Roho's exclusively. I was told everyone who comes through (Craig) gets a J2, as it provides the best protection.
    M'kay, I thought, but I'm not the expert, I just play one on tv.
    A Roho would work for me, but wouldn't survive for long in my daily life. (welding, machining, lots of contact with air-filled-bag popping type things)
    I do have a 1" Roho in the van, which does ease the sore ass syndrome when driving long distances.

So, I don't know if I'm much help- If possible I would go to your local rehab place and get some pressure mapping done, and see what they reccomend.

http://krstofer.org