Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Years after SCI

2 Years after SCI

I heard it slows down, is this true?

what slows down?

cjm630, yes, recovery does slow down. Wise.

I am coming up on my two year mark, does this mean I shouldn't bother with therapy anymore?

You and your physician need to decide if you really need ongoing therapy, or if you can do an exercise program on your own. Return does not make a difference in this unless you are getting new return and want to learn better how to maximize it, which therapy may help with. You can also look into one of the post-acute rehab programs if you want a more aggressive program. You will need to plan on some form of exercise for the rest of your life.

(KLD)

SMN, don't give up. While things slowed down for me at two years, I'm now at four years post and still slowly (slowly!) getting stronger.

In quad rugby, we visit with the Physical Therapists on a regular basis. Their comments are that while your neurological recovery may not change after the two years, the improvement in your physical strength can improve function/capability for years, especially when you are young.

I am 26 mo. post and my meaningful return started at 13 mo. post. It was slow and steady till a few mo. ago where it ramped up a little. Again I'm C6-7 Incomplete.

Now, everyday I'm noticing return! I hope it continues. I just wanted to say that your body might not read the doctors schedule. Pat

boy pat....you just put a smile on my face...im almost 13 months...hopefully i continue to improve...

_________
    don't ever become content with SCI...

Quote Originally Posted by patd
    I am 26 mo. post and my meaningful return started at 13 mo. post. It was slow and steady till a few mo. ago where it ramped up a little. Again I'm C6-7 Incomplete.

Now, everyday I'm noticing return! I hope it continues. I just wanted to say that your body might not read the doctors schedule. Pat
    Hi Pat

What kicked in at 13 months and what did you do to help it? have suddenly got a bit of hope with left tricep. I am 14 months post. Not looking for miracles.......just independence
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."