Thread: more return for my 14 yo son

more return for my 14 yo son

In outpatient therapy today , his PT said he could feel some muscle contraction in his left quads. YAY!!

Congrats to you both! I am so glad he is able to get the therapy he needs. Is your insurance giving you a hard time about this?

(KLD)

he is currently going to the "Day Hospital" at the same place where he went to as a inpatient. He goes three days a weekcfrom 12pm to 4 pm. According to the SW.. our insurance co. said he is approved for 14 visits. she says do not worry about.. she will get what he needs for him. With his quads, he is getting some return to his right triceps, starting to move his right thumb, moving his left big toe, despite all this they say he is a Asia A C4.. We told them, at times he can feel himself being cathed, at times can feel pressure near his anus during showering and when he has his bowel regimen.
    We saw a urologist in Manhattan today. He has vast experience with SCI As a matter of fact he has practiced in the rehab dept. where we work at Columbia- Presbyterian Medical Center and at the Rehab place where my son went to. He says it is rare to find a truly commited urologist who deals with SCI. My son has a urodynamics scheduled for Tuesday. Sowe will see why my son's urinary function is not what we thought it would be.

Originally posted by okwjoe:

In outpatient therapy today , his PT said he could feel some muscle contraction in his left quads. YAY!!
    Fantastic! Your son and my daughter seem to be on the same track right now. Last week our OT said she felt her right quad activate during trunk control exercises. We also have been feeling some contraction when we work with her, but it's not consistent.

Is your son's consistent every time, or is it intermittent? I wonder if even intermittent is a sign of return to come?

I all know is when one gets return in the legs.. it starts in the quads and progresses down..( this is what I read and learned) .. So maybe it is a sign for more return.