Thread: Need Model SCI Center in Virginia or advice

Need Model SCI Center in Virginia or advice

Unbelievably, Chad's cousin was in a MVA on Friday night and has a high level SCI (his mother does not know/understand where, but it sounds like C4 or 5 based on her description to me). He is only 15 years old and does not qualify for the Procord trial because of his age.

He is currently in a hospital in Norfolk VA, but understandly we want him transferred to a Model SCI Center ASAP. The family is looking to me to make a recommendation. I am searching this site right now, but can anyone make a recommendation? Sheperd and Craig come to mind, but something closer to home (Elizabeth City, NC - near Norfolk VA) would be better if possible and IF it would be therapetically equivalent for Wyatt (his name).

I only learned about this this morning. His is a distant cousin.

THNAK YOU.

Ami, wife to Chad, c4 complete quad since 1988

Found the answer to my own question. For others needing model SCI centers, here they are:

http://www.ncddr.org/rpp/hf/hfdw/mscis/map.html

Ami

Ami,

My sister and her husband are from Norfolk. Meredith (brother-in-law) was injured on 10/31/04. He spent one month in a hospital in Richmond. They chose to go to Shepherd because a representative from the facility met with them in person. If you read my updated posting you will find that Meredith has made progress only within days of being at Shepherd. My sister feels as if they have made the right choice after researching several rehabs.

If Wyatt's family would like to contact me, please respond with on this board. Perhaps we can arrange something. I look forward to reading your response.

Best Wishes,
    Rose