Thread: help me with your sugestion.

help me with your sugestion.

Iam planning to take my brother who is C6 incomplete to india by end of november.the accident happened here in nevada on first week of july.now he is in his day rehab here in chicago.he has touch sensation in his anus and left foot.is this the right time to take him.can he travel for such a long time(16 hrs).will there be any problem to his health.pls advice me on this .

How long will he be in India? Is this a permanent move?

If he can stay up in his wheelchair for 16 hours by then, then the flight should be OK. It will be very fatiguing though. Is there anyway you could break it up (for example, fly to Germany first, stay overnight, then go on to India)???

On the flight he should drink plenty of fluids, avoid alcohol or caffeine, as these cause dehydration (which can increase risk for DVT). He should wear his elastic compression hose. Try to get bumped up to first class if this is available. He may want to use an indwelling catheter for the trip to avoid having to cath. It would be good to get him on a low residue diet for a few days and do a pretty good bowel clean out the day before the trip to avoid any problems with constipation or bowel accidents. He should sit on his wheelchair cushion. He should do weight shifts by leaning forward (if there is enough room) or doing side-to-side leans with help.

I would recommend discussing your plans with his SCI physician to be sure they are OK with a long trip like this before purchasing your tickets.

(KLD)

yes this is a permanent move.but we may come back if he needs further treatment.we are planning to have transit either in london or frankfurt.planning to continue treatment in india and also have plans to have some ayurvedic treatment.

Parthi,

In my opinion, the best spinal cord injury rehabilitation center in India is the Indian Spinal in New Delhi.

Indian Spinal Injuries Centre
    Sector 'C', Vasant Kunj,Opp. Vasant Valley School
    New Delhi-110 070

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a web site for this center but there are some email addresses on the following link which may allow you to get some additional information

http://www.rehabcouncil.nic.in/expertcommittee01.html

Wise.

thank you dr.young.it was so nice to see your reply.i appreciate you for your help and support.iam going to india next month and planning to continue my treatment there.iam planning to come here next year if needed and like to meet you.you have done a wonderful and great job and keep it up.

Originally posted by parthi:

yes this is a permanent move.but we may come back if he needs further treatment.we are planning to have transit either in london or frankfurt.planning to continue treatment in india and also have plans to have some ayurvedic treatment.
    Hello Parthi!

Can you tell us about that ayurvedic treatment you have mentioned. I read that in ayurvedic treatment, it has been proven in India that Mimosa Pudica can heal injured spinal cord and can help the nerves to grow or regenerate. Can you tell us about that plant Mimosa Pudica please?

Thanks and all the best for your brother and your trip to India.

Hashem