Thread: New Here - but been around a long time

New Here - but been around a long time

Hi,

I'm a newbie and wanted to join your community. There are a lot questions and issues being asked on "your great" board. I belive I can help. I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Bruce Richardson. I graduated from High School in 1975. I was an athlete (football captain 2 years) and a Hell Raiser (I was a good guy). In 1977, I drove a 1957 Chevy and my high school girlfriend and I were still together. Until......August 26, 1977. I was a passenger in VW Super Beetle. The driver of the VW pulled out of a Highway intersection. We never saw auto. The car hit the passenger side at 65 mph. No skid marks. Full impact. The VW flew over the 2 lane 1 way highway. The VW landed upside down on the passenger side. When the firefighters got there they found my head and arm were outside the window. I became a quadraplegic that day. I've been a quad (c7-c8 incomplete) for 27+ years. I've done a lot. Here's my synopis:

Education:
    1978-80 MODESTO JR. COLLEGE

1980--81 CALIFORNIA STATE C0LLEGE STANISLAUS

1982-84 UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SANTA CRUZ - graduated B.A. Politics/Pre-Law

Employment
    DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
    COUNTY OF SANTA CRUZ
    ADULT DAY HEALTH CARE - ALZHEIMER'S
    DOMINICAN HOSPITAL
    UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SANTA CRUZ - Education Department
    SAVE A DOG TODAY - Dog Rescue

Looking forward to talking to you

Best
    RaiderQuad

In a nutshell that's me

Welcome RaiderQuad.

Let me guess, an Al Davis fan?

A Raider fan since 69-70. It's rough now. You gotta stick with your team thru good and BAD

Welcome, Raider. Wise.

I am locking this here and moving it to the Life forum. This is a more appropriate forum for a new member introduction, since this forum is more for those who are newly injured and their families/friends.

(KLD)