Thread: my son'w new progress

my son'w new progress

While in thearpy on the table . he flexed and EXTENDED his left elbow and reported more sensation past his right wrist!!.. ( right is stronger. i know he only dragged it along ... but I was just thrilled. Although he can't yey flex his wrists yet.

okwjoe, that is great news! I remember at about 3-4 weeks that my son was able to move (slide) his arm (good arm) across the bedside table. His PT even needed to put baby powder on it to reduce the resistance. He has recovered so much in that arm and hand that you would never know that anything was wrong. Sounds like things are improving for your son. I am very happy for you both.

LFC... thanks for replying. His right elbow can flex and extend on the table over a towel and today with baby powder he flex and extended his left!! What you just typed makes me so happy.. I can sleep good tonight!!!

Thank you!!

Today the 23rd.. he lifted his right arm off his armrest.. almost flexing his wrist.. the rehab doc told him his leg spasms is a good sign.. I did not get a chance to ask her what she meant.. but more good news two days in a row!!

That's wonderful okwjoe ..... just remember one day at a time ... hope really does spring eternal ... very happy for you all!!!

Obieone

Glad to read that your son is making progress. Full time PT is very important right now and, I hope, he will continue to receive this re-hab until it is no longer necessary. Good luck.

PN

Hey there glad to here your son is doing good. It is my understanding that when the spasms start it means he is coming out of spinal shock. At least that was the case with Brock. Every thing happens a little at a time. Just tell him to keep trying to move different parts of his body. I got this advice from Betheny and it is good advice if not it may have taken Brock longer to realize that he could move his legs. Teresa