Thread: Constipation and Spinal Cord Injury

Constipation and Spinal Cord Injury

Hi Friends,
    I am new to this forum, but i hope that this doesn't matter. Actually friends i want to know your views about constipation and spinal cord injury. I am a paraplegic since july 1997, but last year after my rehabilitation i was able to manage my bowels very well. i have to stimulate my anal opening to clear the bowels. Due to this stimulation the anal opening is slightly torn towards back. But since few weeks i am having constipation. Due to this constipation i have to stimulate it more vogourously but it is not working as before, and the condition of anal opening is further worsening as i also lubricate my finger before stimulating it. Actually the opening gets tightened due to spasms when bowels start descending and therefore it is unable to come out, therefore i have to relax the muscles and keep them open with my fingers to clear it. I am trying lot many ways such as i take cremafin daily very little dose to loose the bowels, also i take extra fibres but still i am not feeling comfortable.
    Please help me what should i do ?
    I would love if you people mail me directly i.e., considering me as your friend. Anyway i am a web designer and if you need any sort of help from me regarding web designing, it will be of great honour to me.

Bye

Dawinder Sehdev

Question moved

Have moved your question over to the more appropriate Care forum:

Click here

(KLD)