Thread: 364 days ago

364 days ago

Three hundred and sixty four days ago I would have made that last walk with my three year old son and my dog last just a half hour more. I would have let the hot water from that last shower standing up run just a little longer. I would have danced a few more dances that night with my wife. I would have made one more trip over to the new house just to see what the upstairs bedrooms looked like now that the carpet was in. I would have drove my new truck just one more time. These few things I would have done if only I would have know that they would be the last time that I would do them in the months and years to come. Oh a for sure you can bet I would have stayed away from the garbage dump the next day. It will be a year on Sunday sense the fall. A year that has seen so many things changes. My job is in limbo my family is 1200 miles away as I attend a program to walk in braces and canes. I missed my son's fourth birthday. I will miss my second fathers day with my family at home. Who would have thought that a cardboard box would be such a life changing event. I struggle still to hold back the tears when I let my mind wonder back to some of the old days and most of the time I just give in and let them out. I am getting better and I will walk with braces and canes in the near future. Thanks to all of you here who have offered help and understanding these last eight months. I can only hope and pray that all of soon will be able to do the things that we miss the most someday soon

If you ever get depressed or start feeling sorry for yourself, remember this...No matter how bad things may seem for you, there is always someone who is worse off than you.

I always say that to myself when feeling depressed.

I am going to move this post over to the Life forum...

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32158

It seems to fit better there than in this forum which is mainly for the concerns of those who are newly injured and their families/friends.

(KLD)