View Poll Results: How many people were "incomplete" shortly after injury are now walking?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am incomplete and walking (>1 year after injury)

81 30.45%
  • I am incomplete and walking (≤1 year after injury)

78 29.32%
  • I am incomplete but not walking (>1 year after injury)

55 20.68%
  • I am incomplete but not walking (≤1 year after injury)

46 17.29%
  • I had a "complete" spinal cord injury and recovered walking.

6 2.26%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: How many people are "walking quads"?

Quote Originally Posted by pgilstrap View Post
    Recent C-7 (Oct. 13 2012)
    2 months ER/ICU then 20 days rehab. But 50 lbs. lighter mostly muscle tone, just didn't get much out of it. Now 4 1/2 months arms are getting stronger (still crappy forearm but tricept working luckily) forcing stomach or trunk to wake up currently...
    Now feeling comes and goes stomach and legs. B&B getting better.
    My question is it seems my muscles are awake and functioning to the point of cramping at times. My legs have a lot of movement, they bend and now have lifted a couple of times. I can also make them twitch while I am sitting in my chair. As I flex the muscles in my legs I can feel it but not see it only the twiching. Is it just in my head?
    Can you stand with or without help?

Have not had the the chance or trust yet. I didn't even know it was tried so early. I would try it, I just thought (from reading) wiggling toes then moving legs meant brain and muscles were working together? Then time to stand up or at least try.

I am an incomplete C6 injury and could walk with the ad of a walker or arm crutches. I don't use braces at all. I'm 4 years post injury now?
    keep your head up!

Epidural hematoma .Complete T4 paraplegic -no sensation, motor nor reflexes below that level.Absent anal wink.
    The paralysis happened at 4 am by 1pm I was being wheeled into theatre at the spinal hospital.
    48 hours later I could move my big toes.Within a week I had normal sensation up to about T11 dermatome .Above that level its always felt strange.
    After 2 months and lots of physio I could hobble home.By a year walking and running.Bowels reasonable in the sense I don't need intervention but I do have sensation and ability to predict with about 5 minutes notice.
    Bladder is spastic and I have a suprapubic in now due to interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome.
    I still count myself very lucky.

Sorry,just realised title of thread was " walking quads". Got distracted reading the posts.

Banned

Almost my 1 year of my injury

I am a c4 incomplete. I can walk, have slight hitch from some weakness in the right leg. have walked up to 4 miles at a time unassisted. Majority of injury is in my right shoulder, I have mild hand and lower arm movement but cant lift my arm.