Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New article about acute spinal cord injury - feedback would be very welcome

maybe leo or patricia wise

from the legislation forum could do it, i'd like to help but my typing skills are less than poor. bob

Dr. Young,

Thank you for an excellent article. I can only echo the thoughts of everyone else in this thread. It was months after my injury before I really understood what was going on. Your article would have helped immensely back in those early days.

I like the idea of printing this article and distributing it to local trauma centers and ERs. I think it could help new SCI patients as well as help train the medical staff. Dr. Young, do you mind if I take copies of this to the hospital where I was originally treated?

Brian, I put a pdf file of the article on the main site that should print out with page breaks. Sure, no problem with distributing it. I will be continuing to update it with comments and suggestions from people. Wise.

Dr. Young, the article is very good. And the phrase " recovery is the rule and not an exception after spinal cord injury" is just wonderfull and makes me very happy.
    Chris.

Christiane, thanks. I just edited the article a little and also added a pdf file of the article for those who may want to download the file. Wise.

Thanks Dr. Young for taking the time to write such an insightful article. The time following the onset of a SCI is one filled with endless questions and concerns, and not always are the answers easily accessible. Thank you for providing a resource making them so.

"I will drive the lane,
    I will drain the three,
    I will finger roll,
    but the one thing I will not do is FADE AWAY"