Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 years post

20 years post

well tomorrow marks 20 years post. pretty hard to believe how fast life has gone by. getting hard to cope with life sometimes. my wife left me after 13 years for an AB guy. man, i know the bible says the Lord won't give you more than you can handle; this is hard to believe sometimes.

i need to remember the blesings in my life, and where i have come from. because of sci i became a Christian and so have a few of my friends and family. i have a 6 year old son. countless other good things in my life are all around me.

however i am reminded daily of the physical struggles, and every 30th of june i'm reminded of an accident that changed my life and it's direction forever.

couple of beers and good company with family should pass the day nicely.

i don't post here often, but i needed to get some things off my mind with others who know what i'm going through

God bless and thanks for listening

Mike

im coming up on 18 yrs the 27 of july. that summer time smell is what i remember most about that day

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung

mine was may 31,now 7 yrs,i'm ok,if have a few
    cold brews ,theres no helicopters where i am,
    that's the only sound that brings it back,this board has helped alot,not just the information,
    not just the milligrams,chair set ups,skin,bladder and pain- its the people.

Rob C6/7

Hi Mike,
    I hear you. My anniversary is tomorrow, too--5 years for me.

I try not to think about it, just coast through the day, like June 30th doesn't exist.

Sue

www.unite2fightparalysis.org

"Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean." C. Reeve

20 yrs,wow! Thats both awsome and sucks at the same time..

~~Somewhere between happiness and sadness,i need calculate,what creates my own madness~~

Happy Anniversary Mike. Somehow with several scars and many broken bones to show for it, I've managed 33

"You can't fall off the floor!"

Originally posted by DeadEye:

Happy Anniversary Mike. Somehow with several scars and many broken bones to show for it, I've managed 33
    Love it! Are you at home yet Deadeye?

~~Somewhere between happiness and sadness,i need calculate,what creates my own madness~~

I think I got it bad..I`m in my 5 yr post(June 16)and I been having a really hard time this yr..I`m in this why did it happen to me mode.I believe that we will walk someday mike..on earth or in heaven.

You take care my friend,Stiggy

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

Originally posted by Shaun:

Love it! Are you at home yet Deadeye?

Hell no, I'm still cribbed up at the Residence Inn. It's a pain in the butt but the big roll-in shower sure is nice, along with breakfast every morning! Everyone jere is super nice and hanging out by the pool with the cute Sri Lakan babes is spoilin' me

The insurance company insists on dragging their feet. I was pissed yesterday when I talked to them and said, "well when you guys decide what the hell you're gonna do, call me, I'll be by the pool at the $140 a night hotel!"

Sorry Mike, didn't mean to go off tangent on your serious thread.

"You can't fall off the floor!"

Banned

same day blues

Hi. I agree with you. I had my accident time 20 years ago.... Geeez thats a weird coincidence.