Thread: One of my dreams ..

One of my dreams ..

Came true today.

Ever since I was a teenager, I always wanted to either own a convertible TBird, or ride in one. Well, today I did. I mean rode in a convertible car. It was in a Chrysler LeBaron. The car dealer that had sold an Explorer to my son had lent him one while they were working on my son's other car. I had never ridden in a convertible and this was my first experience at it. It felt great. Nick had the top down and we were being sunburned by the hot sun but it was still fun for me to have the wind blowing my hair all around.

Now I still have some more things to do which I have wanted to do for a long time. One of them being to go skydiving. Nick is trying to understand how I will be able to accomplish that since I am a bit uneasy when I get on planes. But, if it ever happens, I plan to grab tight on whoever is teaching me and helping me jump. I imagine it will be quite a thrill to do. Dream of being out in the air, free for a few minutes from my chair, twirling around, or looking down at things that are not just the floor. Just thinking about it makes my adrenaline go up. Another one is to ride on a Harley. Yes, with a biker too. Well, if not with a biker, at least to ride in one with someone who knows about them(Harleys) and looks like a biker. LOL. So, be expecting me to let you all know when I manage to do some of these things. Hopefully one day.

Does anyone here have any dreams or wishes of doing something they have never done? Come on, share with us all.

Raven

[This message was edited by Raven on 06-18-05 at 12:08 AM.]

Get my sex on.

i was kinda lucky there. i did a lot pre-injury. i can't think of much i didn't do that i wished for. just miss doing it.

the funny thing is, i felt extremely driven pre-injury to doing everything i could. i had nightmares routinely of a bad thing happening...until my accident. the dream became reality, i guess.

so...i really am lucky. despite the last 19 yrs of being in bad pain. trust me, it takes an effort every day to remind myself of this. especially every 4 a.m. (yep 4, don't have to look at clock) when i awake from dreams for good.

Let them cure me - give me two years in a gym and I'll roar up on a chopper and pick you up! Bring along a pair of dark shades, wear a leather mini and halter and we'll cruise to some warm forgotten beach, build a fire, swig some Chardonay or Teiquila and dance in the moonlight as the ocean licks our toes-

Rusty
    (the Rain King)
    ------------------/--------@

[This message was edited by Rusty on 06-20-05 at 09:28 AM.]

Originally posted by Rusty:

Let them cure me - give me two years in a gym and I'll roar up on a chopper and pick you up! Bring along a pair of dark shades, wear a leather mini and halter and we'll cruise to some warm forgotten beach, build a fire, swig some Chardonay or Teiquila and dance in the moonlight as the ocean licks our toes-

Rusty
    (the Rain King)
    ------------------/--------@

[This message was edited by Rusty on 06-20-05 at 09:28 AM.]
    Sounds good Rusty. I always loved dancing. Would love to do it again.

Am wondering if these new bikes aren't sort of compatible with driving in spite of sci? I think that the way you can accelerate is on the handle too. Or am I mistaken? Anyone know if it is possible to drive them with a dis. I had wondered since I thought I saw some biker twisting something on the handle and the motor revved up. I personally would love to try driving one myself too. I think maybe Curt could give us an idea. Or am I thinking of how the handcycles would work? Anyone here know or understand what I am talking about in relation to the harleys?

Raven