Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My kitchen arrived!!!

Man what a great setup(you're not bad either ).

Love that pic of the island, really shows off how open the whole place is. Congratulations.

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

Wow that's cool!

"...I mean the wheelchair would be a thing in the past
    And us quads can talk about the past and laugh"-Professirx
    http://unite2fightparalysis.org/

great pics! some questions:

did you have to remodel?
    or get it built like that?
    what's the height of your counters?
    what company did you work with?

Absolutely gorgeous! And now for the real question ... can you cook? lol

To answer Bridget's questions:
    I'm having the house newly built, so also the kitchen is new. I went to a regular shop that makes kitchens (so not the Ikea idea where everything is pre-made)(another option was a cabinetmaker). Although it was the first time they made a kitchen for someone in a wheelchair, they had some good input (bin on wheels that goes just under the tables so you don't have to wheel around with dirt in your hands but put the bin wherever you need it ). I thought about the set-up a lot myself too (and had help from friends). For example the tap between the sink and the hot plate with a tap that I can hold above the pan to fill it with water so no need to wheel around with a full pan on your lap . Oh and the 'pullers?' on the cabinets were chosen 'cause they are easy to use with my closed hand. The height of the counter (= table?) is 75cm: the height of a regular table, only the sink is a bit higher because of it's depth.
    Thanks for the compliments and John, Shaun, I'm flattered it gave you some ideas!

That's awesome! My parents are going to be re-doing their kitchen this summer but I won't be able to enjoy it because I'm moving soon.

Lookin good!

"life is sublime"

I am jealous. That is so cool. Love your colors and the windows. Can I come over for dinner.

Please post more pics when its all finished up.

Wow what a nice kitchen. Get that roast on hopefully i'll be there by the time it's done.

I have a question too...would the kitchen be easily used by someone standing as well? Or would it be too low. We are going to remodel our kitchen soon and I would like to make it easier for my hubby to use it (he does fairly well but somethings are just out of reach) but I am the primary cook. I am trying to figure out what mods could be made.

It is a beautiful kitchen btw, lol, ours is pink southwestern style...its...funky.

Originally posted by Moody:

I have a question too...would the kitchen be easily used by someone standing as well? Or would it be too low. We are going to remodel our kitchen soon and I would like to make it easier for my hubby to use it (he does fairly well but somethings are just out of reach) but I am the primary cook. I am trying to figure out what mods could be made.

It is a beautiful kitchen btw, lol, ours is pink southwestern style...its...funky.
    I have an electic kitchen so I can put the capinets, the kitchen unit and the sink up and down so everybody can use it.

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69.