Thread: Hr 810

Hr 810

I have been reading on this today and I am
    HR 810

Hey Matt,

Have any specific (or general) questions?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    Hey Matt,

Have any specific (or general) questions?
    Steven,
    My "real name" on my birth certificate is "Baby Boy Raynor."

Well, that's good to know... I guess.

Any questions regarding HR810?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Well, that's good to know... I guess.

Any questions regarding HR810?
    Steven,
    I have been asked to vote and write my congressman on this yet I am adopted and no paper trail can be found. I also have an adopted sister that did find out after she became a student in law school during a report she was to do on a background check report on herself. My mother adopted mother was later artificially inseminated and I now have an atificially inseminated bother. I myself went thru the EES program and am now a father of a 14 year old son. I just want to know more information before I cast a vote I know very little about.Am I writing my congressman on an ebryo,fetus or both? Yes it is good to know.Has it already passed and what does it mean
    Matt

Sorry for the delayed response.

H.R. 810 just gives families who have the IVF procedure performed an option to donate embryos that would otherwise be discarded to researchers, who would then create new embryonic stem cells from these donated embryos.

As a working example, assume that your mother had seven embryos created while attempting IVF. Your brother was implanted and he's here today (I hope). Your mother now faces an important question: Do I want to try having more children?

If not, she has a few options. She can either a) pay to cryopreserve the remaining six embryos indefinitely; b) donate the remaining six embryos to another family; or c) allow the IVF clinic to discard them.

If she has reached this point and has chosen c), H.R. 810 would give her the opportunity to donate them to researchers for the purpose of creating new embryonic stem cell lines. At this point, she can either choose to donate them or discard them.

You will be writing your Congressman about an embryo. An embryo becomes a fetus at eight weeks post-conception (Merriam-Webster says three months).

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Steven Edwards; 07-25-2005 at 07:59 PM.

Sorry for the delayed response.

H.R. 810 just gives families who have the IVF procedure performed an option to donate embryos that would otherwise be discarded to researchers, who would then create new embryonic stem cells from these donated embryos.

As a working example, assume that your mother had seven embryos created while attempting IVF. Your brother was implanted and he's here today (I hope). Your mother now faces an important question: Do I want to try having more children?

If not, she has a few options. She can either a) pay to cryopreserve the remaining six embryos indefinitely; b) donate the remaining six embryos to another family; or c) allow the IVF clinic to discard them.

If she has reached this point and has chosen c), H.R. 810 would give her the opportunity to donate them to researchers for the purpose of creating new embryonic stem cell lines. At this point, she can either choose to donate them or discard them.

You will be writing your Congressman about an embryo. An embryo becomes a fetus at eight weeks post-conception (Merriam-Webster says three months).

I hope this helps.
    ================================================== ======

Steven,
    I was listening to your response yesterday and know more class What I got from it is no one knows or there would be a cure yet there is speculation and hope in many different areas. I read yesterday that this is a stairstep bill that will develop into more bills other news Some people think different and I will read more today. I enjoyed the thread and will read it again. Some say The President will pass the but I do not know nor does anyone the end result and I'm sure that chances are taken in any new frontier research. I did not know what exactly EES was 14 years ago yet I hit it the first time a OK. I see that stem cell research is rolling in many different ways for "good" of all young (embryo) and old (like me) Even the Government states two sides These articles are are worth reading twice just as all of us have try try again to find a cure. I hope more people will respond besides just you and I.Your response does help me understand in layman terms it is complicated.
    Thanxs,
    Matt
    Last edited by Hunker; 07-26-2005 at 07:07 AM.