Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Wishes For MacKenzie

Well Wishes For MacKenzie

Some of you have heard the story of MacKenzie Clare, a 10 year old beautiful young lady from Virginia who has sustained chest down paralysis in a recent car accident with her family. I am in contact with her mom at the rehab center in Baltimore, as well as her social worker. I plan on visiting MacKenzie there next week sometime. Please post well wishes for MacKenzie here, so that I can print the thread and show her how she can see it online as it grows. Now is the time to instill every hope and show her CareCure at its best. Some have already gotten in touch with her mom, for that I am grateful...Mary

Dear MacKenzie,

I was also paralyzed in a car accident. I know this is a very difficult, scary time. It does get easier, just take things one day at a time. Fight hard!!

Big Hug.

Susan

www.unite2fightparalysis.org

"Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean." C. Reeve

Hi MacKenzie,

I was injured in a car accident when I was 8 years old (and I was also a Girl Scout!). I'm now 35 years old and I have a daughter who is almost 8. I googled your name and found an article about you. In it, it said that you were looking forward to getting home to see your kitties. I remember how I couldn't wait to get home to see my cat and dog!

Right now, I have 4 cats, 2 dogs, and my daughter has a hamster. It's a lot of animals, but my daughter and I both love all of them so much.

When my daughter starts school again in the fall, I'll be taking my dog Trudy to the Children's Hospital for visits with the patients. Animals are, in my opionion, wonderful therapy.

I'll be sending you a card soon. When I was injured, the internet wasn't around. My grandma put an ad in the paper requesting cards and get well wishes to be sent to me at the hospital. It was always fun to receive a stack of cards from people who didn't even know me!

I hope you get to go home soon!
    Take care,
    Shannon

Alive for 35 years
    T4/5 complete for 26 years
    Mom for 7 years

Hey, Miss MacKenzie!

My best friend is paralyzed too. He's decided for the most part to smile no matter what...and to trust God.

My name is Teena and his name is Russ.

I am not paralyzed, but I have a birth defect of my hip, and arthritis and a limp.

I hope you have a great day...and you can surprise Miss Mary with a big smile from me to HER...

And here's an extra hug for YOU in case you need it...{{{{{MacKenzie}}}}}

Take care, and God bless you and your family,

Teena Barker

MacKenzie!

You're are one strong young lady! I hope that things are going as well as the can be for you!

I was also hurt in a car accident, only I was 17 when it happened, just over two years ago. I missed my dog too! Since I got home, I got a new doggie, a chihuahua. I am sure your kitties miss you just as much as you miss them.

I hope you stay bright and smiley all through your recovery!

Carrie

MacKenzie

My 13 year old daughter, who is also a girl scout, was paralyzed in a car accident almost 5 years ago. I know Heather sure missed her cat when she was in the hospital. She also loved to pick on the nurses though.

Things seem really tough right now but they do get better. Heather still rides horse, drives a 4-wheeler and does pretty much just about anything else. She just does it on wheels now. We also have lots of animals now, cats, dogs, rabbits, chickens and horses that she loves to be with.

Take care and know that we are all praying for you and your family.

Keep smiling!!

Laura & Heather

Mom to Heather, age 13 , T-12, almost 5 years post.

Mackenzie ... very beautiful name by the way ... this is a very tough time for you and your family but we are here to help you through it!! Looks like you've got lots of good people around you .... if you have any questions or just need someone to listen .. come see us at CareCure when you're ready .. its a great place for support and info ... and tell your Mom to come too! Miss Mary will be a super friend to have in your corner so you're already ahead of the game .... stay strong young lady ... prayers for you all !!

Obieone

hi Mackenzie,

i was hurt in a car too. 19 yrs ago. i now have two cats, a dog and a 12 yr old son! and about to get a new puppy.

it is not fun at all to be in the hospital. but it is a lotta fun to go home! it really makes you appreciate home.

i'm thinking of you and i know nurse mary can make you laugh!

cass

To Mackenzie I wish you a speedy recovery. Fight hard. And with marys help you will have a very special person helping you. my 2 kids send you a big hug.anty

Hi MacKenzie,

Keep a smile on that beautiful face, and know that we're always here for you. Anytime you need anything, just say the word and we'll make it happen.

Best wishes and all the luck in the world,
    Mick

www.micksluck.com