Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couch succubus

Couch succubus

I spend way to much time on my couch. It is ridiculous. After being in my chair for a bit though, my butt and back are just so spent that all I want to do is get on the couch and zonk. I don't want to make those phone calls, I don't want to do chores, I don't want to try to resolve any of the various issues that need to be dealt with - I just want to crash.

How do you guys do with physical comfort or lack thereof, and the related issues of motivation and fatigue?

www.micksluck.com

Pretty much what you are doing. After glueing my ass to the chair for 8 hours at work while dealing with neuro pain I really dont feel like doing anything else but hitting the couch, hit the 'recline' button, and either play some PC games or stare at the TV. Some days I feel a little more energetic, but that solely depends on how my brain perceives things below my injury level and the associated fatigue with having to deal with it.

For about a year after I got shot it seemed like I couldnt make it through a whole day without at least 2 hours of sleep in the middle of the day. I think its just your body getting used to its new situation. As for the pain I just try to ignore it........I know easier said than done but I havent went a whole day in 15 years with no pain so I guess I sorta learned to ignore it the best I can.

Jack

"Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

I havnt been comfortable and it feels like someone has been holding a blowtorch to my ass for the last 7yrs..I handle it all by staying away from the succubus..I stay gone,stay busy i find it all doesnt bother me that bad until i start to get bored..As soon as im sittin still,i start thinkin about it.Like Jack said ive learned to ignore most of the pain,buts it easier to do if im not sittin around bored..i'll go for a drive,to a movie,friends baseball,football games,out for dinner,head to fav pub etc..anything..

~~I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's dress,I'm the things you've done you'll never admit...I'm a roller, I'm a rider,number one motherf---in' survivor.So move over,I'm the driver,and I'm high and I'm gonna keep getting higher~~

Truly, the couch is a lifesaver. If it weren't for a couch, I'd have lost my marbles years ago. I don't sit for long periods of time, as I long ago noticed the longer I sat the more the pain level and leg spasticity builds up. So, frequent couch breaks have helped keep things manageable.

And naps are indespensible. It lets the body truly relax and refresh itself. Happy snoozing!

-Chuck-

i crash during the day too, but i never sleep long when i nap. I will lay down and just as i am about to really go into deep sleep i wake up.

http://www.adamsmith.name

My grandma naps..

~~I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's dress,I'm the things you've done you'll never admit...I'm a roller, I'm a rider,number one motherf---in' survivor.So move over,I'm the driver,and I'm high and I'm gonna keep getting higher~~

Ignorance has become my friend when it comes to longevity. However, if I don't do it, no one else will. So, surviving becomes a way of life and today ALWAYS turns into tommorrow. Hopefully you will find that out before it is too late. Best of Luck.

Take your hands off my MOJO

Time management. I try to think a day ahead, sometimes a week ahead. Like I'll clean my place on the weekend ... run errands all day on another day off, etc ... but on those days I'll plan a lot of sleep.

During my work shifts, I'm only good for work, eat and sleep.

I wish I could nap! Once I'm out though, I'm down for the count .. lol .. at least eight hours.

Fatigue is an issue though. I've noticed it has gotten much worse as I age like this. Have to compensate.

They're called responsibilities and there's no getting around them.

Job, family, mortgage, cars, furnishings, travel, etc.

Get yourself a mortgage and that'll help your motivation.