Thread: $127 BILLION Donated To Research....

$127 BILLION Donated To Research....

oh, forgot to mention it's research to create robots for the army.....not to cure all these ailments like SCI, parkinsons, alzheimers, cancer, AIDS, and everything else afflicting everyone....i guess building up a war machine is more important....

don't ever become content with SCI...

Maybe the robot technology can be used in manufacturing, bringing manufacturing home to the US and super-high paying jobs. Maybe we export a shitload of robots to friendly countries erasing our trade deficit. Then maybe we can squeeze a billion or so out of congress for clinical trials. We're so close that the investment would pay for itself.

BTW, maybe those robots would kick terrorist ass and smoke 'em out from under the rocks where they're hiding. Maybe those robots will lead convoys and save a lot of coalition lives. I hope so.

~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

so you think putting robots into the American workforce is going to spawn "high-paying jobs"...WOW, i couldn't disagree more...please tell me the reasoning behind that....why would they pay Americans more money for a job a robot does for even less than what they pay peopleb in Central American and Asian sweatshops??? i'm completely baffled...

and as far as the funding of robots, you know, the 127 Billion....i just don't see how we are not even worth 1% of that federal funding....

jay - having robots doing the work in America for less cost than workers abroad will save US companies money, will save consumers money, and will generate a lot of high paying jobs to design, program, improve and maintain all that high tech equipment. Paying these workers is still cheaper than getting the work done abroad and shipping stuff all over the place. In theory! Japan makes more use of industrial robots than anyone and their electronics and cars are everywhere.

BTW, this is the exact scenario where "The Terminator" movies begin chronologically... with the US Defense Dept building ever more sophisticated robots. I can't believe no one has mentioned that, yet.

~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

well, it is better than outsourcing....it would generate a few more jobs...but i thought you meant it would replace all the high paying manufacturing jobs that were lost....in ohio, its just sad how many have been laid off or fired in jobs like these....

yea, maybe "AHNULD SHVORZANAYGER" is behind this...his master plan, to star in a "reality version" of his hit movie..