Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Books

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    Same here. Reading books is very hard to do at times because I always feel like I should be doing something else or it's too slow for me.
    Nope, never feel like that .There is nothing else thatI would rather do than read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by MioaraD
    Nope, never feel like that .There is nothing else thatI would rather do than read a book.
    Yes, I love books myself. I was disheartened several weeks ago when I read that a man was in the process of burning 20,000 books in protest of not being able to give them away, even to libraries. No one wanted them. I'm hoping people read the story in the newspaper and contacted him to take them.

Any Sci-fi fans out there? Having a bit more time on my hands post SCI, I've dedicated myself to working through he novels in this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Nebula_awards

Fantastic stuff. Sometimes I actually look forward to BP sessions, gives me a chance to catch up with my latest read.

I just finished a great book by Ellen Hopkins called Crank. Has anyone else read this? It's about a teenage girl who gets hooked on crank and how it takes over for a year or so of her life. I thought it was amazing--written in a poetic form but easy to follow along. The sequel comes out August 21st and I can't wait to read it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Any Sci-fi fans out there? Having a bit more time on my hands post SCI, I've dedicated myself to working through he novels in this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Nebula_awards

Fantastic stuff. Sometimes I actually look forward to BP sessions, gives me a chance to catch up with my latest read.
    I was weaned on the stuff. My mom, generally a most deplorable woman, limited herself through her whole adult life to anthologies of sci-fi short stories. As a pre-schooler I found those stories great learning-to-read stuff (I guess?). Although I've read widely and cannot imagine a reading life that excluded nonfiction, I've always retained a fondness for these anthologies. I just got an older one with over 700 pages and I'm more than 3/4 through already. Now I'm thinking of eBay searching for more up-to-date sci-fi anthologies.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane