Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Books

i read 3 of dan browns books this year , liked them all very much, da Vinci code, angels and demons and deception point, reading state of fear now i am hooked on Ebooks now, since i can down load the books to computer or PDA , this way i always have the book with me , nothing extra to carry around, plus the font is adjustable, so i do not need to wear reading glasses, and the back lit lcd screen works great in poor light areas

the left behind series is great
    tom clancy read every book
    james patterson
    shees i love to read it makes sci almost bearable not

I thought of this series after I posted yesterday. For just plain fun reading you might try the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Stephanie and her reformed hooker sidekick Lula are a couple of inept bounty hunters. An adudio version, from the library, read by C.J.Critt is guaranteed to give you a few laughs.

T 6/7 Complete
    Injured 4/20/74

I read this book earlier this year..." The Birth of Venus" absolutely wonderful! Here is a link from Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...42247?v=glance

If you like history, art, and gorgeous Italian men <s>...get this! Seriously, it is wonderful

If it's too good to be true...it ALWAYS is!

Harry Potter series. It may be "for kids", but its a great read.

Carrie-

I am a John Grisham fan, so I would recommend any of his. As a matter of fact, he has a new one out that I haven't read yet. When I get it, I'll let ya know how I like that one.

Metro-
    Where do you get the ebooks from? That would be soooooo much easier/better for me. I've got a reading comprehension issue & if I could change the font size etc, that would make a world of difference!! Thanks

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

I love to read and one of the best books I've ever read is "Blindness" by Jose Saramango. Its about a town of people that suddenly go blind and a group of people who go through it togther. My Mom told me she hated me for recommending it but it was so good she couldn't put it down. Saramango won the 1998 Nobel Prize in literature and the story is so absolutely fascinating that you will not be able to put the book down.

lilsister - I just finished "Life of Pi" a few weeks ago and I would highly recommend that also.

Steve

Grisham's new book is titled "The Broker". I enjoyed it. Makes you want to go to Italy.

T 6/7 Complete
    Injured 4/20/74

I'm not a reader at all, unfortunatly, cause I've tried,it seems like a relaxing thing to do, I just get bored just sitting or lying there. My favorite books were actually the only 2 books I ever read cover to cover, they were "1984" and "Run Nicky Run" That's pretty bad hey. I guess they're my favorite cause I don't know any others.

One day maybe, ya never know...

BTW, for those who do not know, In Search of the Lost Cord is available on THIS site. I read the book right HERE. It's free!

John

"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang