Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Books

Books

Okay, so my summer will soon be starting & I have promised myself that I am going to do tons of reading while I am soaking up the sun. Any good books out there that you would recommend? I have yet to read Still Me and Nothing is Impossible by C. Reeve so I am off to the library today to pick those up (hopefully they'll have them this time!). Thanks in advance.

http://curlieqcarrie.friendpages.com/
    Kansas girls put the HEAT in wheat...

Reading a great book right now called: Devil In The White City. Its about the Chicago Worlds Fair of 1893 and its various characters, murder and a great historic reflection of the times.

If you're looking for a good sci book I strongly recommend - In Search of The Lost Cord. You will learn a ton and it reads like a mystery.

Can't go wrong with Tom Clancy.

Originally posted by CurlieQCarrie:

Okay, so my summer will soon be starting & I have promised myself that I am going to do tons of reading while I am soaking up the sun. Any good books out there that you would recommend? I have yet to read Still Me and Nothing is Impossible by C. Reeve so I am off to the library today to pick those up (hopefully they'll have them this time!). Thanks in advance.

http://curlieqcarrie.friendpages.com/
    Kansas girls put the HEAT in wheat...
    Velvet Sky by Rusty Van Reeves
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Revealing the Covenant by Rusty Van Reeves

Check this book out.

Sleeping With the Devil
    by Suzanne Finstad

Editorial Reviews
    From Publishers Weekly
    Finstad ( Heir Not Apparent ) fails to paint a credible picture of a romantic, naive younger woman who fell in love with a handsome, sociopathic older man, with disastrous consequences. The situation appears to be that both Barbara Piotrowski, California beauty contest winner, and Richard Minns, Texas millionaire, expected they would get everything they wanted; when they wanted each other, both became obsessed. Their passionate and stormy relationship ended when she left him; a short time later, he tried, she contends, to have her killed. She was left paralyzed after the shooting, and he allegedly fled the country. The aftermath of their violence would seem to sully justice: Minns was never questioned by police, despite the fact that he is reported to have revisited his native state frequently. For her part, Piotrowski has made amazing strides to rehabilitate herself. Photos.
    Copyright 1991 Reed Business Information, Inc.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Originally posted by Obed:

Reading a great book right now called: _Devil In The White City_. Its about the Chicago Worlds Fair of 1893 and its various characters, murder and a great historic reflection of the times.
    I read that a few months ago. It was really interesting. I hadn't known anything about the 1893 worlds fair or the serial killer before reading the book.

[This message was edited by MZack on 05-06-05 at 05:01 PM.]

[This message was edited by MZack on 05-06-05 at 09:06 PM.]

moving violations by john hockenbery, or climbing back by mark wellman.

non crip. im currently reading the 48 laws of power, great read. for business i have read all donald trumps books as well as carolyn 101 and bill rancic's book(winner of 1st aprentice), all fantastic.

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung

John Hockenberry sucks camel ass!

I like Dr.Suess..

~~I went to heaven,but couldnt get in for what i had done.I said ''please take me'',they said your crazy,you had to much fun~~

I just started "The Tipping Point"....the talks about trends in history and how just one individual can make a huge change in society. i.e Paul Revere
    Have any of you guys heard of the hundred monkey theory? very similar to that.
    Anyways, an interesting read nonetheless

" Keep your fears to yourself but share your courage with others. " --- Robert Louis
    Stevenson

If you're interested in epic sagas, try The Wheel of Time Series, by Robert Jordan. Long, but good if you are into that type of thing.

Dan Brown's Angels & Demons and The DaVinci Code are good. Classically, Bullfinch's Mythology is good, as is Edith Hamilton's Mythology.

Do you have interests in any specific genre?

-Steven
    ...what a wonderful world, this could be