Thread: Words of Comfort; Post what comforts u

Thumbs up Words of Comfort; Post what comforts u

Jesus of Nazareth:

Matthew 3-16;

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called sons of God.

10 Blessed are they that have been persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye when [men] shall reproach you, and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets that were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost its savor, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out and trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do [men] light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house.

16 Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

The Beatitudes are very beautiful indeed. If one doesn't believe Jesus was divine, He still was an amazing philosopher.

Words of comfort:
    "Okay here's your Demerol shot."

"Excuse me for farting"

The Footprints poem, while I'm not extremely religious, means something to me. I have a picture of David walking up the beach near Yarmouth, Nova Scotia that's quite poignant when considering our lives. I gave it to him when he was battling addiction and in rehab. It means something to both of us in that we have carried each other through some rough times.

ETA: picture. He never likes his picture posted but I asked permission. He wanted me to draw a sizable member overtop ... lol ... but he doesn't need it. He thinks he's chubby in this picture, I always liked him better 'with a lil bit of meat on'em.' lol I watched from the dock and took the photo on impulse .. he was reluctant to go down on the beach when I couldn't, but I would hear none of it.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 08-09-2007 at 09:00 AM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

6 Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
    How it would be... Comfort would be how? What do you mean actually by #6 here?

I think Jesus was poetically saying that those who seek to do the right thing will do so.

Hard rock played at a very high level comforts me sometimes.