Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lookin' to move...to Bellevue, WA

lookin' to move...to Bellevue, WA

hello
    I am from California and my wife and I are planning to move to Washington state soon. Anyone here familiar with Bellevue, WA. One place we've been looking at. Looking for apartments in Bellevue, any suggestions.
    Thanx

[This message was edited by TEION on 05-04-05 at 04:05 AM.]

Why Bellevue? Have you found work in this area? I live 50 miles south of Bellevue in the Tacoma area. To me, Bellevue seems like a mass of humanity and asphalt. My husband works in Issaquah which is slightly better, but still can be a traffic nightmare. On the plus side, however, if you are looking for therapy, you'll have better luck in that area. Next Steps NW in in Redmond, which is a stones throw away from Bellevue. There are also many hospitals and medical facilities in the Seattle area. I think locating close to where you will be employed is most important because our highway system is still living in the '70's.

Sandi

Teion, we live in Bellevue! When are you moving? Do you have work here?

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain

teion just dont be influence by bellevue liberal communist party.

We are planning to move by the beginning of June if all goes well. Kate, tell me about the place. I'm not familiar at all with the area so any info will be appreciated. Looking for an apartment any suggestions?
    Thank You

Okay--Bellevue is the 5th largest city in WA, with about 117,000 residents. It sits about 8 miles east of Seattle, between Lake Washington to the west and Lake Sammammish and the Cascade Mountains to the east.

If you go to maps.google.com and type the city in, you'll get a map . . . the local paper is the King County Journal. I just checked, and they have classified ads online, so that would be a place to begin, I guess.

It would make sense to live as close as possible to wherever you or your husband plan to work--Bellevue has had a hard time keeping its highway construction up to speed with its population growth, and the cities all around us (Kirkland, Redmond, Issaguah, Woodinville, Bothell, Renton) are in the same boat.

I'm sayin', traffic at commute time is a mess!

If you want a guide when you get to town, please give us a shout--we'd be happy to help.

And please ignore DA. Whatever your politics, you'll have lots of company here. Seattle is pretty blue, and the further east you go, the redder you get . . . we're closer to the middle.

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain

Bellevue USED to be the upscale suburbs of Seattle. Now w/ all the Microsoftie Mansions in Kirkland I guess it's middle class huh Kate?

Kap

accept no substitutes

out in Woodinville here. more country than Bellevue. and yes, Bellevue is typically a lil more expensive. but the whole eastside (Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Woodinville) is seen as that way.

Kirkland is a lotta of younger kids, more uni type partying. only high priced.

i lived in Auburn and Kent (south). lifestyle completely diff. but the commute is definitely a numero uno concern. if a job is involved, you need to know whether to be north or south of it.

btw, dump those CA plates on your car ASAP after moving here....

i lived in So. Ca. 15 yrs, moved from here to there and back. saying Bellevue is too much concrete and ppl says one hasn't lived in So. Ca.!!

Oh, people still think of Bellevue as upscale, but the demographic is changing pretty quickly. The local elementary school has a student population that speaks 14 languages, mostly (after English) varieties of Asian--and the last I heard about 30% of the kids qualify for reduced price lunches.

We do have what I've been told is the most expensive mall in the US. (Bellevue Square), but I think most of the Microsoft money is in Redmond, or on Mercer Island.

ps--s'up, cass?