Thread: Real Life or Real Fake?

Real Life or Real Fake?

So I was watching MTV and a commercial came on for a Real World casting call. I couldn't help but think how cool it would be to have a person in a chair on the show. I know it's been mentioned on this forum before and I think it could be great. The show gives the audience a chance to feel like they know these people. Might help break a few stereotypes. I know it's doubtful that they would ever cast someone in a chair but I checked out the casting site anyway. I came across this statement:

"We never choose anyone for The Real World solely on the way that they look. There are many factors that go into each casting decision and we are being very honest when we say that personality comes first. We want dynamic, outgoing people that can't help but be themselves regardless of their race, ethnicity, or appearance."

Do you think they're really being honest? I can't imagine no person with a great personality, who's also in a chair, hasn't applied. I was wondering what all of you thought.

Are you going to apply? You should...you're an outgoing, active person...and then I could laugh at you when you get all drunk on MTV.

http://curlieqcarrie.friendpages.com/
    When life has handed you lemons, remember to ask for tequila and salt!

great idea.......it would be awsome just to see some real sci's on t.v other than on the news every once in a blue moon...

''I may not have gone where I intended to go, but sometimes I think I have ended up where I needed to be...''

Ya, you would definately see me get wasted. I'm like a two shot wonder. I didn't apply because I didn't find out until the day before a tape was due. They will hold casting again. I really might try, but it would be nice to know if they are being even a little bit honest.

They had a segment of "Real Life" on MTV about 18 months ago that featured 3 people who use chairs...a young woman with a C5-6 injury, a young man who had paraplegia, and a young man with bilateral hip disarticulation amputations. It was very well done...I have the tape still.

(KLD)