Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Floor to chair transfer video...

Floor to chair transfer video...

I've finally managed to do floor to chair transfers. I have been working on it at home because my PT said I wasn't strong enough to do it. I have been working out twice a week at PT along with my workout routine at home, so I'm sure that has helped.

The week before the DC rally, I was on the livingroom floor stretching and lifting weights, and when I got done I tried my transfer and actually made it on the second try, although it took me a while. Now I've gotten to where I can do it without even tirng myself out.

This isn't my best one, I was tired because I had been on the weights, and then it was the third time I had done the transfer because she kept messing up with the camera.

First, here's the video of me getting on to the floor, it's a little sloppy since I was crammed between the two mats:
    Chair to floor transfer (1.8MB).

And here's the floor to chair tranfer video:
    Floor to chair transver (1.5MB).

BTW, I'm C8 complete injury.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Very impressive. I feel motivated to try learning these again.

Nice transfer. I've never seen someone do one facing towards the chair.

Nice. With a little practice, it looks doable for me. I'm a little higher (weak triceps, wrists, no hands), but I'm getting a little fearless now that I've got my bike.

I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Dang Dude, you made that look easy. I'm a T9 and have never been able to get up and down from the floor. I have not had any PT or much rehab.
    I am going to try it now that I have seen you do it.

I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

very cool jim. ive never seen that technique either., great work

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung

Nice job Jim. I'm sure you will inspire others to learn how to do that and to be more independent.

jOE

Thats awsome man!..I dont know if i could muster that or not,the gettin down is no problem,but that seems like it takes whole lot of tricep power to get back in..yes?

I'll deffinately giver a shot though,thanks for the vid buddy

~~I went to heaven,but couldnt get in for what i had done.I said ''please take me'',they said your crazy,you had to much fun~~

Not bad, done like a pro. Thanx for sharing the video.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Wow. Funny how people saying yo can't do something is the best motivator...Good job, Jim. Your pants didn't even fall down!

"...I mean the wheelchair would be a thing in the past
    And us quads can talk about the past and laugh"-Professirx