Thread: The media

The media

I don't know about anyone else here, but from what I have read the media has taken this rally and twisted the meaning of it.

It makes me sick the way they do thing's to make their story stir a controversy, just to sell it!

Guess this is why I don't watch much TV anymore, Just seem's like there is no one people with SCI can trust, except other's with it!!
    Blowin off steam!!!!
    Doug

The segment on CNN's "Inside Politics" started with a report on how Republicans might be willing to expand ESC research because of some political deal-making. Judy Woodruff, when introducing Dana Reeve, made it clear that the CRPA does not include ESC research. The rally was never mentioned during the segment, although a brief clip of it was shown during the brief promo for the segment. Not mentioning the rally was worse than discussing ESC research, in my opinion.

You have to understand that ESC research is the hot-button issue and discussion of a cure for paralysis cannot exclude it. They are intertwined, despite everyone's best efforts to make the distinction. The media have not twisted anything, as far as I can tell.

Take a look at the video clip in the Cure forum. EXCELLENT report! Way to go Justin!

I feel that the "media" used the message or purpose for the rally in a unnatural way.

We are live humans with a problem and we can't even get credit for our suffering.

Media is one thing satan will use to hide the truth.
    I feel like I have been their "clown" and not sure what people will believe next.

David

No What I meant was nothing was reported on any national new's tonight, it was on a like inside edition or something like that, but it was more about Hillary's new book, and Dana going on. Which there is nothing wrong at all talking about Dana going on with her life. She has too! But not much about why the rally was taking place was what I failed to see.

Just the moment stem cells are mentioned, It automatically goes to ESC that's what get's me. People just don't understand!

Justin's was excellent!!!

Still Way to go everyone, At least they know there are people Just like CR living everday!!! And it is great the people who went to DC to lobby for all of the SCI community!! To which I am grateful, and I imagine every other person here is also!!!! Way to go to all And a heart felt THANK YOU to all!!!
    Doug