Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool Sites - Geography 101

Cool Sites - Geography 101

So I was checking out the new Google Map thingy and it's pretty cool:
    Here

Anywho when I saw how small some of my bro & sis's states were down there, I wanted to check some of them out. Man BC's Huge compared to some states I guess now that I know all you guys from all over I'm taking more interest where you're from and I'm checking out your States & stuff, it's cool, I'm learning lots.

Anywho, again, I came across this site, it's pretty cool too, really simple and loaded with info, including travel tips. So if you're into it check them out.

Oh Hey Shaun, isn't it Spiney who's from Texas, phftt, it's smaller than BC by 100,000 sq miles, what's so big about Texas hey?

http://freespace.virgin.net/john.cle..._can/stateind/

[This message was edited by Monkeygirl on 04-06-05 at 01:19 PM.]

So I was checking out Wise's New Jersey, and it said:

"Whereas petrol stations (gas stations) in almost all other American states and Canadian provinces offer a choice of full-serve or self-serve, I'm informed that New Jersey is different and that self-service is illegal in that state.
    I imagine that the situation is very similar to that in Oregon which has the same law."

Is this still true in Jersey and Oregon? If so wouldn't you always have to pay more for gas needing staff to pump it? That's not fair at all.

Darnit, my appartment is less than a block out of range.

I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

MK: Good find! I can see how someone can easily spend an hour or more looking at the satellite imagery. Now if we could see this in real time and zoom down 300 more feet...

PN

Originally posted by Monkeygirl:

Oh Hey Shaun, isn't it Spiney who's from Texas, phftt, it's smaller than BC by 100,000 sq miles, what's so big about Texas hey?
    Yeah nobody wanted to freeze bad enough to break y'alls Provinces up smaller, "Hell, that's good enough, let's go get warm, eh."

Man, there is a lot of info in that other site, good find.

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

Spiney is whats big about Texas

Satelite crapped out like 1/4 mile from my little town..

~~I went to heaven,but couldnt get in for what i had done.I said ''please take me'',they said your crazy,you had to much fun~~

Originally posted by Shaun:

Satelite crapped out like 1/4 mile from my little town..
    Damn, they missed!

I thought those things always burned up in the atmosphere. Did you get a good light show?

Originally posted by Monkeygirl:

So I was checking out Wise's New Jersey, and it said:

"Whereas petrol stations (gas stations) in almost all other American states and Canadian provinces offer a choice of full-serve or self-serve, I'm informed that New Jersey is different and that self-service is illegal in that state.
    I imagine that the situation is very similar to that in Oregon which has the same law."

Is this still true in Jersey and Oregon? If so wouldn't you always have to pay more for gas needing staff to pump it? That's not fair at all.
    It's true. It's against the law to pump your own gas. Guess it gives a lot of youngin's jobs though.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

dude, try keyhole.com

you can buy it for $30, or do the 7 day free trial.

it's really cool. more detailed, and if you monkey around with the settings, it has a lot of perdy cool features. a lot of the cities, and around mount st. helens, the detail is up to 1 or 2 feet!

Google bought Keyhole that's where they got these images. Are they leaving something on the table so people will still try keyhole I wonder?