Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid paperwoman!

Stupid paperwoman!

Yes our "paper boy" is a woman, though it's hard to tell. I went down this morning to put something in the mailbox only to find the mailman had come two hours early. I usually grab the paper on my way back up the hill, but I didn't see it on my way down. When I turned around to go back up the driveway I spotted the paper practically in the middle of the yard. Last time she threw it over there, I tried to go get it and got stuck, so I didn't bother trying this time.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Maybe you should put a sticker or a small signal saying:
    "Disabled Person lives here,please put all mail and papers inside the mailbox,Thanks"

www.wheelsforindependence.biz

Ive had to mention to my newsagency to try and throw the paper up above my letterbox, otherwise my driveway is on too much of a hill and its hard for me to get it. Have you mentioned it to them? They deliver hundreds of newspapers, i can imagine its difficult to always get it on the driveway. Just give them a friendly call.

It is illegal to put anything but mail in a mailbox...check your postal regulations on this. Many people in rural areas have a separate box on the same post for the newspaper. Ask at the paper's office if this is possible. Of course it would be better to request that your paper be placed consistently on the porch...try that first.

When I was temporarily disabled recently I sent a letter to my local postmaster requesting mail delivery to my door instead of to my condo's communial mailbox location (5 steps). They were happy to comply as long as I signed a waiver and left a marked box for the box at my door. You might contact your post-master about something similar.

(KLD)

given the nature of some of your other posts here, i find it interesting you felt you had to point out it was a female newspaper carrier.

are you sure your mail carrier isn't also female? i mean...really.

btw, in case you haven't noticed, a lotta ppl have trouble with newspapers in the middle of the yd. though i don't think they point out whether the carrier is male or female.

really, jim, i begin to think you woulda been one of those ppl who never failed to insist the guy with me was piloting the plane, instead of me.

Originally posted by cass:

given the nature of some of your other posts here, i find it interesting you felt you had to point out it was a female newspaper carrier.
    Are you the politically correct police or something? Should I have called her a "newspaper distribution engineer" instead? If my "newspaper distribution engineer" was a man, the title would have been "Stupid paperboy." Would you still be pitching a fit about it then? I'm not politically correct, I'm not going to be, and I don't sugar coat the truth either.

What other posts of mine are you refering to? I've got over 1900 posts here, alot of which are questions, and alot of them are replies helping others. If you would actuall take a closer look at my posts, I bash anyone equally regardless of sex or race. When I reply to a post, I don't even look at the names, I just reply to the content.

I guess it was OK when I ranted about the UPS guy leaving a package full of computer parts on my doorstep in the rain, but it's not OK if the UPS guy was a UPS girl.

are you sure your mail carrier isn't also female? i mean...really.
    I'm sure some of them are, but the only ones that have delivered packages to my door have been men. The only reason I know the "newspaper distribution engineer" is a woman is because she has come by to pick up the payment a few times when my mom was late mailing it.

btw, in case you haven't noticed, a lotta ppl have trouble with newspapers in the middle of the yd. though i don't think they point out whether the carrier is male or female.
    Actually I haven't noticed. I just did a search and I didn't see anyone else posting about newspapers in the middle of their yard.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse:

Many people in rural areas have a separate box on the same post for the newspaper. Ask at the paper's office if this is possible. Of course it would be better to request that your paper be placed consistently on the porch...try that first.
    We used to have a paper box beside the mail box, but in the 14 years we've lived here none of the "newspaper distribution engineers" have used it. My mom backed into the mailbox and busted it a long time ago, so I took it down.

If they're too lazy to stop and put it in the paper box, I dobut the'll be willing to get out and bring it up to the front door.

When I was temporarily disabled recently I sent a letter to my local postmaster requesting mail delivery to my door instead of to my condo's communial mailbox location (5 steps). They were happy to comply as long as I signed a waiver and left a marked box for the box at my door. You might contact your post-master about something similar.

(KLD)
    I didn't think about that. There are some neighborhoods that have the mailboxes on the wall by the door, or the mail slots in the door. I don't know what the deal with those are, but all of the houses in our neighborhood have mailboxes. I might call and see if they can do door delivery or if we can install the mailbox by the door, although I don't mind going down the hill to get it, it's good excercise. Now that I have a car, on days when I go out I just pull up to the mailbox and get the mail before pulling into the driveway, but I still have to go get the paper.

_____

We get our newspaper delivered by US mail.
    It may cost a little more and you probably wouldn't get it as soon.

no, i'm not the pc police. no i'm not familiar with your ups post. it was actually your opening statement "Yes our "paper boy" is a woman, though it's hard to tell" that caught my eye.

i am not the first one to question you on this attitude. someone asked you about calling women bitches. that, actually, was the first time i noticed it as i don't have much time to read posts.

as far as newspapers in the middle of the yard, i wasn't referring to posts here, but the general population. my bro and i used to share a route as kids.

as far as "pitching a fit", you did much more of that in your response to my post than i did in mine.

[This message was edited by cass on 03-14-05 at 03:35 AM.]

Originally posted by cass:

i am not the first one to question you on this attitude. someone asked you about calling women bitches. that, actually, was the first time i noticed it as i don't have much time to read posts.
    I know what post your refering too. I called some girl a bitch because 10 minutes after picking up my new car, she pulled out in front of me, caused me to slam on brakes, then she honked and flipped me off like it was my fault. Big f-ing deal. I called some guy a dickhead in a post about HC parking, but nobody threw a fit about that.

Why is it when I call a guy an asshole or dickhead, nobody gives a crap, but I call a woman a bitch I get attacked and all of the sudden I'm a sexist?

_____