Thread: Need advice on supplements..

Need advice on supplements..

Hi..i'm male t-5 incomplete. Right now working hard on my legs. 1 yr post injury and significant return on my quads. I work out daily on quad presses.. I would like to seek out advice..to recommended supplements to help muscle growth..as i need to build my quads stronger in order to walk better. Right now i take only Ensure to have a high protein intake as i thought it is helpful..but not sure. So any expert, pls advice.

Log on to www.eas.com. I recommend BetaGen or Phosphagen Hp. You can read the research for yourself. EAS is a reputable company, owned by a medical doctor/bodybuilder. Most beginners will have good luck with just the Phosphagen Hp, but the BetaGen will maximize results. These supplements should be combined with a rigorous weight training routine. Good luck and work hard!

Supplements

I would recommend that you eat a well balanced diet, with emphasis on protein sources, but not to the exclusion of other needed foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables or grains.

Be cautions with the use of supplements. There is really no policing of the content of supplements in the USA, and there have been many cases of illness and even death if taken incorrectly or in excessive amounts. For people with SCI, I would always advise anyone to discuss any planned supplements with your physician and pharmacist prior to taking them. They can interact with other medications adversely, and if you have any impairment of your liver or kidneys they can be dangerous.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Hi..i'm male t-5 incomplete. Right now working hard on my legs. 1 yr post injury and significant return on my quads. I work out daily on quad presses.. I would like to seek out advice..to recommended supplements to help muscle growth..as i need to build my quads stronger in order to walk better. Right now i take only Ensure to have a high protein intake as i thought it is helpful..but not sure. So any expert, pls advice.
    L-Glutamine http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/su...s-benefits.htm

Take one capsule twice per day. My son has for 6+ years with only about 20% atrophy during that time.

I am no expert. I regularly drink protein shakes though....maybe 50-100g/day and I eat a balanced diet. Try a whey protein isolate. Preferably one low in calories, cholesterol, fat and carbohydrates.

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/biopl...in_isolate.htm

http://www.truenutrition.com/default.aspx

Or just go down to your local GNC or Vitamin Shoppe to read the labels and ask some questions.

Creatine, make sure it says made in USA not distributed by some company here, has been shown to help build and/or maintain muscle mass in those with muscular dystrophy. It needs to be dissolved in something like grape juice but a good balanced diet is a big help.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

This is what happens when members respond to spam posts...on a 11 year old thread!!! PLEASE...legitimate members who respond to spammers just make the moderators jobs more difficult. The spam post was removed, but will leave the others who responded for now since there are so many.

Also moving this to the Food forum.

(KLD)

after 36 yrs of a t6 injury i had high cholesterol,bp and other signs of age. In 2006 i fractured the r femor. I then started making my own kefir from raw goatmilk. Now all bloodwork is normal. The stuff is great for everything,skin,bones,gut,eyes,teeth,HardOn, Try it.