Thread: I need help in deciding on a new car.

I need help in deciding on a new car.

I assume this is the forum for this query.
    I need a another car. I bought a Passat w/ stick shift just before I was operated on. Now I can't use the clutch. So I drive a Voyager - which is great, but not what I want for commuting. My wife wants her van back and I need something along the lines of a Passat that is easy to get in and out of given that my left leg is weak and stiff from SCI.
    I like the Passat but the last one had some annoying little problems with locks, electrical utilities, etc. - hence I face resistance from my wife if I try to get another one of those. (I can't help it, my first car was a '68 Karman Ghia and I've always had an irrational love of VW's).
    Please give me your opinions. Keep in mind that I'm one of those East coast child of the 60's types who does not want to drive a gas guzzler - mainly because I'm cheap!
    Thanks

Scion Tc. Two door coupe with room in the back. 17k and it looks like its worth at least 30.

Matt
    thanks - Scions weren't even on my radar because I thought they just made those boxy little cars. The TC is slick! I'm going over to the local Toyota dealership today or tommorrow.
    Big issue is ease of exit / entry.

dodge magnum, intrepid or 300m

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scierntific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung

I've been looking at Toyota , Camry Solara, it is a 2 door coupe which I want for W/chair , 4 & 6 cylinder.

2 Door Honda Accord is nice but pretty steep on price tag.

edited to say , just looked at 'Scion' it does look like a nice ride at very reasonable price. I've been looking for cars about 2 years old low miles but will have to check Scion out at Toyota dealer.

Originally posted by Paul:

I've been looking at Toyota , Camry Solara, it is a 2 door coupe which I want for W/chair , 4 & 6 cylinder.

2 Door Honda Accord is nice but pretty steep on price tag.

edited to say , just looked at 'Scion' it does look like a nice ride at very reasonable price. I've been looking for cars about 2 years old low miles but will have to check Scion out at Toyota dealer.
    fyi, dodge cars w/ cab forward are very easy to load / breakdown a rigid wc

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scierntific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung

Fuentejps -

those Dodges and Chryslers are great- I drive a Voyager now and I love it - they just aren't conservative enough when it comes to gas and I never know how far I'm going to have to travel on different contracts.

I drive a Solara. NICE freaking ride. Very similar to the Accord coupe. Can't go wrong with either. It's personal preference.

Building a house; check it out

Thanks for the help.
    The wife and I finally went out car shopping.
    I tried a Rav4, Altima and some Cammry's.
    Drooled over a Solara and then bought a 2004 Camry LE. Easy entry / exit - practical.

A Subaru Forrester is the easiest car transfer I've done. The seat is the same height as my chair, with less than a foot between the chair and the seat. It has more power than a Rav 4 (or used to anyways... maybe Rav 4's have gotten better?) And gets about 30 mpg.

Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'.