Thread: Is Neoprene a slick material?

Is Neoprene a slick material?

I need a seat cover for my van that is slick so when I transfer my clothes don't stick like they do on the cloth seats i have now.

I saw this neoprene and like the water resistant properties but does anyone know if it's slicker than cloth?
    Are there any other choices for slick seat covers? Thanks!!

http://www.barbari.com/car-seat-cove...at-covers.html
    Shannon
    C6/7 incomplete
    20 yrs post sci

"falling is easy it's getting back up that becomes the problem, becomes the problem" Staind
    "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.:" :-)
    - Burt Bacharach

No, from my experience, neoprene is a rubbery surface (picture a wet suit for diving).

My mom made me a cover out of nylon ripstop - windbreaker material. It just covered the seat bottom. You don't want the seat back slippery if you have any balance issues .... it would make it harder to stay in place on sharp turns.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

No, neoprene is like a wet suit, and would make it difficult to slide unless it is nylon coated on one side. I would recommend either real leather seats or seat covers, or rip-stop type nylon if you want something really slick. Consider real sheepskin too, as it is antifriction because it is easy to slide across.

(KLD)