Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Million Dollar Cry Baby

Million Dollar Cry Baby

You would think people had somthing better to bitch about. Its just a movie and if me or anybody else wanted to end it so be it. Thats a dark thought that has crossed every persons mind that has had to go thru a spinal cord injury and if it has not your already dead. If I wanted to check out I hope somone could feel my pain and would help me. I have not seen the movie although I intend to. I have only read the story line and all the reviews but I think it puts it all on the table far as the emotions and feelings faced and felt. Sure its not right, but it happens every day with all types of disabilities mental and physical. I think it will open eyes and shed light on the matters at hand and maybe build a fire under our governments butt to press for the elements to heal our broken cords and are hearts.Million Dollar Baby

[This message was edited by KingofOkeefe on 01-25-05 at 01:03 AM.]

I'm lost...what are you talking about?

"It is my hope, that with time, ignorance will be washed away by education and that true compassion will eventually surpass all politics." ~me (in my final genetics paper)

Originally posted by JDR:

"It is my hope, that with time, ignorance will be washed away by education and that true compassion will eventually surpass all politics." ~me (in my final genetics paper)
    He's talking about the film Million Dollar Baby. There are several threads about it, one here and another one here.

its no big deal at all. the bible thumpers luv a reason to thump and whine.

Originally posted by JDR:

Let it burn! Let it burn! erm...shallow minded, weak--anything more i'd need to be paid for an in depth opinion. waste of my time..now im gonna beat a dumpster up...thanks

--fast

p.s...lol@hunker

Originally posted by fuentejps:

i've seen alot of criticism of this movie, none of it from bible thumpers.
    and i do think the criticism a big deal.

Originally posted by Nancie:

Originally posted by fuentejps:

i've seen alot of criticism of this movie, none of it from bible thumpers.
    and i _do_ think the criticism a big deal.
    him helping her die is what i was refering too. thats not a big deal if thats someones wish.

Check out "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"!

Well, who here has actually seen this film? I saw it tonight with a friend of mine who has a C4 injury. We both laughed at how phoney the SCI scenes were.

All the SCI scenes were SOOOOO fake! You would think that Clint Eastwood would have gotten some decent technical advisors. No halo (you must be kidding with a Philly collar for a C1-2 fracture!). She never is intubated, is trached from day one, and talking in full sentences from day one even though she is vent dependent (and not even talking with the vent as you could clearly see CR doing in his many public appearances). She is never turned, suctioned, etc. She of course never has any bowel or bladder care. The pressure ulcers she got were all on fleshy (not bony or weight bearing areas) and looked like no pressure ulcer I have ever seen. She supposedly had her care paid for but never got any rehab, was in a warehouse/nursing home facility with no ECU, no decent power chair she could drive, or even a call light, and never got a day of therapy or counseling. Even her trach looked fake.

Regardless of what you think of the theme of the film or the ending, I am wondering if anyone else here found all this phoney stuff distracting in the last few scenes like we did.

(KLD)