Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I need help coming to a decision!!!

I need help coming to a decision!!!

My new neighbors have 2 dogs. One is a miniature yorkie, and the other is a miniature poodle. The dogs are outside from 6:30 a.m. until at least 10:30 p.m. and if anyone knows Minnesota winters, you know how cold those poor puppies must be. They stand at the door scratching to be let in, especially the poodle. They are dirty with fall leaves still hanging in their fur. There is poop stuck in the fur on their butt, and it is matted so tight it needs to be cut out. They never get attention during the day except when I go over and give them treat bones through the day. I want to kidnap them and I think I have found two homes. I hesitate to talk to them about it because I know it wont do any good and then when I do have to take matters into my own hands, they will know it was me who swiped. Animal control (even if there was such a thing in this small town) would only give them a warning and then the poor things would still be stuck living with people who really dont appreciate them. What would anyone else do?

Sydney, I would consider the homes that you have in mind, if it doesn't get those people in trouble or you. Reporting those people will probably not do much good for the poor doggies. Unfortunately the people that do that kind of thing will likely get more dogs and do to them the same. It is so sad.

Debra

How about writing your local paper and telling them the same thing you have written here and find out what happens? I just got a Yorkie pup and he shakes like mad in the cold, so I´m always putting him in my parka to keep him warm. These dogs need to be rescued before they freeze to death!

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Make sure you have the people lined up who will treat the dogs right. Have someone you know take the pets, and deny it to the end, knowing they are in homes that love them. No pets deserve that kind of treatment. Your neighbors are assholes.

I once had a neighbour that owned a rottweiler and it was a very intelligent and very sweet. He just loved me and would probaly protect me over his owner. The guy didn't know how to take care of it and I always wanted to take it out to a farm or something. One day the dog was gone, so I asked the guy were the dog was. He had taken it out and shot it because it was too much of a hassle. I could have taken that guy out and put him out of his sad existence when he told me. Those kind of people don't deserve to own pets. I would approach them and tell them that some people you know would absolutely love to have them. If they don't give them up then just simply tell them how the dogs are being neglected and are sooner or later going to die. Some people almost need a slap in the head before they realize what they are doing.

My Dirt Bike Misses Me

My neighbors once rescued a dog from another neighbor who was obviously not taking care of it. She simply went over and talked to them and said she'd like to take the animal off their hands and they agreed. Sometimes people don't have the energy or means to really take care of animals or for some reason don't realize what mistreatment really is, I would try the direct approach, with a smile on my face and hope for the best. Good luck, I hope you can help them.

1. Write a letter or call your neighbor to express your concern. Record date/time.

2. If that doesn't work then contact authorities. Record date/time.

3. Document what you see/hear day to day. If possible videotape it.

4. Call animal rescue/shelter for advice and record dates/times.

5. Although tempting do not kidnap the dogs (That will probably cause more trouble).

Good luck.

Originally posted by lilsister:

Sydney, I would consider the homes that you have in mind, if it doesn't get those people in trouble or you. Reporting those people will probably not do much good for the poor doggies. Unfortunately the people that do that kind of thing will likely get more dogs and do to them the same. It is so sad.

Debra
    I agree Sydney.
    Go get them..clean them up..get them nice and warm with a belly full of good nutrition..and
    get the people that want to treat these two babies as they should be..and let them take them and love them.

Then talk DA into taking his whips and chains
    and teach these..oh oh..not a good idea.
    Good luck.

" I hate war only as a soldier who has lived it can.
    Only as one who has seen it's brutality, it's futility, it's stupidness." Dwight D. Eisenhower

SydneyJo,
    Give the pups to the folks you found that will care for them properly.
    We did that once, and I've never regretted it.
    C

Originally posted by Mike C:

How about writing your local paper and telling them the same thing you have written here and find out what happens? I just got a Yorkie pup and he shakes like mad in the cold, so I´m always putting him in my parka to keep him warm. These dogs need to be rescued before they freeze to death!

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer
    This is an awsome idea.I'd report them also though..

~~I wish you a hopeful christmas,i wish you a brave new year,i wish for all pain and sadness, leave all hearts and let there roads be clear~~